The Lost Prince

YUHHH LET'S GO FAUNUS

ALSO

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW CLOSE WE ARE TO BEING DONE WITH THE MOVIE PLS--

...

..

.

The early morning sun rises, the sky a soft shade of purple and blue. A guard stands on the castle wall, looking over the area before continuing his patrol.

...

(Y/N) paces anxiously in her stone cell, her expression hardened as she bites at her finger nail. She approaches the window of the cell, grabbing the bars and looking out towards the harbor.

She jumps as her cell door opens, the Captain standing at the entrance with two other guards behind him.

"Let's get this over with, (L/N)," Captain lowly says, beckoning her to walk forward.

"What?" (Y/N) whispers, shaking her head as she faces him. "You don't mean..."

The Captain doesn't answer, his expression only hardening as the other two guards look down at the ground.

Her face falls, a quiet, trembling breath leaving her lips. She looks back out the window, her eyes squeezing shut as she turns and approaches the guards.

...

..

Gothel, his hair once again a dark shade of black and his skin smoothed over, reaches up, plucking the last flower in Faunus' hair.

"There," he speaks warmly, dropping the flower with the others in his basket. "It never happened."

Faunus sits on his bed, a broken expression on his face as he looks down at his hands clasped on his lap.

"Now!" Gothel rises from the bed, picking up the basket as he walks towards the doorway. "Wash up for dinner. I'm making hazelnut soup!"

He says with a singsong, turning back to Faunus with a grin. His smile falls as his brow arches, Faunus not looking up or responding.

Gothel sighs, looking up in exasperation. "I really did try, Faunus. I tried to warn you what was out there."

He shakes his head, grabbing onto the curtain.

"The world is dark, and selfish, and cruel," his eyes narrow, words coming out harsh. "If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine..."

He scoffs, leaning forward as he scowls.

"It destroys it."

With that, Gothel shuts the curtains, his footsteps fading as he walks away from the room. Faunus listens for a few moments, sighing shakily as he opens his hands and reveals the small bird (Y/N) had carved for him.

His thumb strokes over the wood as he rises, approaching his dresser. Pushing aside some of the few clothing items he had, he tucks it away in the back safely, hiding it behind the clothing and shutting the drawer.

Faunus sighs once more as he walks back to his bed, turning and sitting down. He reaches inside his shirt, pulling out the necklace (Y/N) had given him. He holds the sun in his palm, smiling a bit before his face falls to a saddened one. Shaking his head and reaching behind him, he unclips the necklace from around his neck, lowering it in his hands on his lap.

A small squeak makes him look to his side, Pascal squeaking sadly as he turns blue and hugs the side of Faunus' leg to offer comfort. Faunus manages a small smile, though it falls as he leans back on his bed fully.