Bonding

FINGERS ON FIRE WITH THESE CHAPTERS I SWEAR

I'M SAD-- I'M WRITING THIS TOO FAST, WE'RE ALREADY 43 MINUTES IN (at the start of this chapter)

...

..

.

(Y/N) pushes through the crowd of men quickly, grabbing Faunus' hand and tugging him off the table as she looks towards the door with wide eyes. She pulls him into the crowd of men, hidden just as the Captain shoves Greno aside and stomps inside.

"Where's (L/N)?" he demands furiously, his sharp eyes darting around the crowd.

(Y/N) tenses as he says her last name, a soft gasp leaving her.

"Where is she?!" Captain shouts, marching towards the bar and scanning the room. "You hear that, (L/N)?! I know who you are now, and won't rest until you're brought to justice! Find her-- turn the place upside down if you have to!"

He slams his fist down on the bar, (Y/N), Pascal and Faunus wincing from their hiding spots underneath it, holding their breaths.

(Y/N)'s eyes dart towards Faunus before she carefully peers over the bar, seeing if they could make a run for it out the door. That notion was quickly crushed as Rhett and Bran were marched in with chains binding them, a handful of guards entering behind them.

She ducks back down with a cringe, wracking her brain for a way out of this.

A hook lowers down and hits her shoulder, making her look up swiftly with wide eyes. Muriel stood beside her nonchalantly, his eyes darting to the side in an obvious manner.

...

(Y/N) and Faunus crawl towards a small space as it opens up, Muriel having switched the hidden lever on the counter. Muriel looks back as the others distract the guards, lowering himself behind them. The space led down into a dark tunnel, the wall acting as a ramp for them to climb down.

"Go," Muriel urges, nodding down at the tunnel. "Live your dream."

He looks down to (Y/N), who peers back at him over her shoulder.

"And I... hope you find yourself a dream, ma'am," he quietly says, surprising her.

"Thanks for everything," Faunus thanks, turning and hugging Muriel tightly.

Muriel was caught off guard, patting Faunus' back with a smile and a nod as he pulls away. Faunus looks to (Y/N) with a small smile before crawling down the ramp, (Y/N) looking from Muriel to the tunnel.

"Thank you," (Y/N) softly murmurs, raising her hood over her head before crawling after Faunus.

Muriel smiles warmly, watching them disappear into the tunnel before turning back and rising, closing the trap door behind them.

...

Vlad holds up the wanted poster of (Y/N), lifting up Shorty by his wings, Shorty wearing an old apple sack over his head that acted as a hood.

"I believe this is the woman you are looking for!" Vlad states confidently, holding Shorty and the wanted poster together.

"Yoooou got me~!" Shorty slurs in a drunk manner, raising his hands out towards the guards.

Captain scowls at this, eye twitching in disgust at the man in front of him.

"Sir!"

Captain turns swiftly as one of his men call to him from the stairs.

"There's no sign of (L/N)," he tells him, shaking his head as his hands rest on the railing of the staircase.

Captain faces forward, frowning deeply as he sighs with frustration. A distant neigh could be heard, gaining his attention as he looks to the door.