Chapter 5(Zain)

"Pass the ball Zain." Noah howls.

As I throw the ball towards Noah, John comes in the way and takes it.

After a few minutes of struggle the ball is in my hand. One more basket and we win. I try to make my way towards the basket amidst the opposing team's defenders failed attempts of blocking my way. I muster all my strength as I leap in the air making an attempt to throw the ball in the basket. Time seemed to slow down as the ball danced on the rim waiting for gravity's pull. As gravity summons the ball towards the ground the silence breaks and everyone rejoices as we win.

"Yeah, we did it." Ethan jubilates.

"Zain that was a good shot." Liam exclaims.

While everyone's congratulating me my eyes fall on someone behind the crowd. It's her. I make my way out of the crowd towards her.

As I reach her, I call her name. When she doesn't listen, I run and grab her hand pulling her towards me. We get so close that I can hear the thrumming of her heart. Or wait that's my heart beating so fast. But why is it beating so fast?

I quickly pull my hand away.

"You know you can be charged for..." I cut her off.

"I know what you are going to say and I'm sorry but what could I do when you don't listen." She opens her mouth to say something, but I don't let her talk not this time.

"You know what your problem is? You don't let other people talk. Today I'm going to talk and you're going to listen."

"I was not eavesdropping on you that day. I just happened to be in principal's office."

"Well, I did not see you."

"Because I was hiding. And before you ask why I was hiding; I was hiding from him."

"You were hiding from the principal in his own office. You think I'm going to believe?"

"Well, I wanted to bunk class so I thought I might go to dad's office since he wasn't there but then you came, and I thought it was him, so I hid."

"Dad?"

"Umm yeah he is my dad."

"The principal is your dad?" Her eyes become wide open.

"Well yes, he is. But that doesn't matter. I just wanted to make myself clear. I in no way intended to hurt you. And I'm not going to talk about it to anyone ever. So, you don't have to worry about that."

"Zain what are you doing there? Come everyone's waiting for you." Ayan calls.

"I guess I'll have to go." I turn around and starts walking towards the basketball court when she says.

"I'm sorry" in a low voice.

Am I hearing more or did she just say sorry.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"What did you just say?"

"I asked why you are looking at me like that?"

"No before that, what did you say?"

"I'm sorry."

"Wait what I couldn't hear. Can you please repeat." I did hear but it was fun teasing her.

"Nothing. Get your ears checked." She frowns.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Here we come to the end of the fifth chapter. I hope you like it.

This chapter was a short one, but the next chapter is going to be long and super fun too, so be excited.

Please vote, like and comment. It would mean a lot to me.

The next chapter will be from Zoye's pov. So, make sure to check it out.

Till then bye
Take care<3