Chapter 6(Zoye)

"You can choose your partners for this project. Remember this is 25 percent of your grade." Mrs. Diana announces before leaving the class.

Ohh God I hate these projects. I don't know anyone here except......my eyes go towards Zain sitting with me. He sees me staring at him. I quickly take my eyes away.

"So, who are you going to choose?"

As I was about to ask if he can be my partner Amelia from behind yells "Zain you'll be my partner, alright."

Dang, I forgot he's super popular. Why would he choose to be my partner.

"Hello" he says moving his hand in front of my eyes "I was asking you something."

"Yes, I guess I'll just ask ma'am to assign me with someone."

"Or maybe you could be my partner."

"Aren't you Amelia's partner?"

"Well, she said that, but I never agreed."

"But why me?"

"Because I know how interactive you are, and you would rather die than ask someone to be your partner."

Can this guy hear my thoughts?

"Thanks."

"At your service Shehzadi" He bows as he says this.

"Sheh what?"

"Shehzadi is an Urdu word meaning princess. Ayan taught me. Anyways I have a basketball match, see you later."

Did he just call me a princess? I find myself smiling.

As I was leaving for work, I see Zain playing basketball in the court. I stop and I don't know why but I think I smiled. He's cute. I see the time on my phone. Shoot I spent so much time staring at him that I'm late for my shift.

"One Iced Macchiato please with oat milk."

"Okay. Anything else sir?"

"No that's it."

"Okay your coffee will be ready in a few minutes."

"Zoye take this coffee to table no.7." Mr. Davidson commands.

I nod and take the tray in my hands. As I make my way towards the table, I find Zain sitting there.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, hey what a coincidence. As you can see" pointing towards his laptop "I'm working. You work here?"

"Yeah. Anyway, here's your coffee. You want anything else."

"Nope."

"Okay then I'll go."

"Can you bring me some sugar?" A customer asks.

"Sure sir." I go to the counter to bring some sugar sachets for him.

"Here's your sugar. Anything else sir."

"Pour it in."

"What?"

"I said pour the sugar in the coffee."

"Well sir that's not my job." I try to speak kindly.

"Why are you making such a big deal out of it? Just throw some sugar in and mix it."

Calm down Zoye. Customer is a king. It's fine. Just a few minutes and then you can leave.

"How much sugar?"

"One will be fine since your hand will make it sweet enough honey." He grins.

Did he just call me honey? Oh God I want to break his jaw instead I smile, and tear open the sachet and pour it in. While I was mixing the sugar, he tries to touch my hand rubbing it back and forth. That's enough. I can't take it anymore. I take the glass and throw the coffee on his face.

"You bitch! Are you insane?"

"I'm a bitch? And what were you doing right now? Didn't you touch me without consent? You pervert." He comes closer to me raising his hand trying to slap me. I close my eyes in fear when suddenly someone holds his hand coming between us. It's Zain. He loses his grip on the hand and instead goes for his collar grabbing it when he roars "How dare you?" He punches him straight in the face. Everyone in the café comes trying to stop them. I grab his shirt trying to stop him.

"Zain stop it's okay, leave him." He leaves his collar and turns back towards me and asks.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry." But I don't think that assures him. He takes a glance of me head to toe and then touches my face searching for any bruises.

I take his hand and reassure him "I'm fine. You already stopped him before he could hurt me."

"And you, don't you dare come here again or do this with anyone else. I will break your legs if I ever see you doing this again. Now leave before I call the police."

He grabs my hand as he says, "Let me take you home."

"But I still have to work."

Mr. Davidson says, "You can go early today."

"Really?" He nods in approval giving a subtle smile.

"Thank you so much."

"I'll be back in two minutes once I change my uniform."

"Yeah, I'm waiting outside."

As I walk out of the door, he's standing right there waiting for me. It's a strange feeling to have someone waiting for you, a feeling I have never felt before.

"You are here. Let's go."

I glance at him as we walk when he catches me looking at him.

"Why are you looking at me?"

"Umm I just wanted to thank you for taking a stand for me."

"Not a big deal. It was his fault after all. If you wouldn't have stopped, I would've beaten the shit out of him."

"Did you get hurt anywhere?"

"Me? no. I'm strong, strong enough to protect you from everything." He winks as he says this.

I think my heart skipped a beat.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Here we come to the end of the sixth chapter.I loved writing this one particularly so I hope you like it.

Please vote, like and comment. It would mean a lot to me.

The next chapter will be from Zain's pov. I'm so excited for the next one, I wanna see everyone's reaction because I think that is the best, I have written till now♡. So, make sure to check it out.

Till then bye
Take care<3