Chapter-9(Zain)

The look in her eyes has been replaying in my head the whole time. There was something different in her eyes today, something I never witnessed. Her blue eyes glimmered. They always seemed like a door that has a whole new world behind it and for the first time today I felt like I could see through that door. There was so much light behind her eyes quite contrary to the darkness she carries around herself. And only if she lets that light out, her life would be so much different. If only she could see herself from my eyes.

"Where are you going young master?" The question breaks the moment of thought.

"I'm going to my room aunt Florida."

"Your father is waiting for you in the dining hall."

"Why?"

"To have dinner with you."

"Why would he want to have dinner with me?"

"Well, I'm not supposed to know the answer to that." She tries her best to hide her annoyance but it's clearly visible on her face.

"Yeah, I'm sorry it was a rubbish question. I guess I'll just go then." I smile awkwardly trying to disguise my embarrassment.

"Also, I have said it multiple times and I'll say it again. Stop calling me young master. You are older and I'm supposed to respect you, not the other way around."

She smiles as she nods in approval.

I quickly move to the left making my way to the dining hall.

There he is sitting on the head chair. We have a table that can accommodate at least 24 people, but the irony is that we hardly have more than 3 people sit on the table together.

"Come son, I was waiting for you."

I try to smile when it's the last thing I feel like doing in front of him. I go and sit on the left side chair. He makes a gesture and here it is A BUNCH OF DISHES served on the table that I absolutely have no appetite for. '

I tear apart a piece of steak and put it in my plate. I was just about to take a bite when he asks.

"Well, I heard that you invested in some property."

I take a deep breath and try to calm myself so that I don't sound rude. "I was wondering why we were having dinner together out of nowhere. But I get it now." I scoff.

"No, you're misunderstanding. I just wanted to spend some time with you."
"Yeah, as you say. I did invest in a property."

"You didn't ask me before buying the property so that's why I just wanted to know."

"You told me I could invest in anything if i have a proper plan."

"Yeah, but your never showed me the plan."

"Oh well I did email you. Also texted you to check it out and you said go ahead."

He takes his phone out of his pocket and checks something, probably the text.

"Oh yes you did text. I thought it was something personal and you wanted money for that."

I quickly open the texts on my phone and says them out loud. "I clearly texted you I sent you an investment plan of a property that I want to buy on mail."

"My bad. I misread your texts." He again starts searching something on his phone "Here it is" he shows a text from Aliza asking for money. "I must have thought I was texting her and accidentally sent it to you."
The disappointment throbs through my nerves. I have so much to say but instead I just blurt "It's okay" when it's not. It's not okay that he doesn't pay attention to what his own son has to say. But even if I try to tell him he wouldn't understand. He never did.