Chapter 12...

Happy Reading!  

 Getting out of bed the next morning proved to be really difficult. It was in the early hours that Landon and I finally fell back on the bed exhausted. It was like the moment we gave into each other we couldn't stop. We only gave each other a moment to catch our breath before we were back at it again.

It was like we were making up for all the time spent ignoring the tension between us. And boy did we make up for it. I saw a side to Landon I didn't know existed. Never would have thought he'd be so damn kinky but I loved it. The way he took control. Yeah, let's just say it was a great night.

My bed was empty as I swung my legs off the side. I told myself I didn't care if Landon snuck out but it didn't stop the pang of hurt that I woke up alone. I wasn't expecting him to stay by any means. We aren't together and last night was probably a one time thing.

At least that is what I told myself as I padded barefoot to the bathroom. My whole body ached but in a good way. Glancing at my reflection I felt my body flush at the sight of my naked body. The tops of my breasts were covered in love bites and as I stepped back I noticed some on my inner thighs as well.

Hmm don't remember Landon doing those. I couldn't remember the last time someone marked me. Maybe never? I had always thought hickey's/love bites were childish but I didn't really mind seeing them on my skin.

After cleaning up in the bathroom I went to throw something on. At the sight of my messy bed I let out a soft sigh. I guess a part of me really did want Landon to stick around this morning. Grabbing a random oversized sweatshirt from my closet I threw it on before heading for the kitchen. In dire need of some coffee before I fully let myself think about last night and what it meant.

I was in the process of getting my Keurig going when the sound of my front door opening made me freeze. The fact that I froze as someone entered my home was probably a sign that I was doomed to die like an idiot.

I stood there watching as Landon walked through my front door, hands filled with coffee and a brown paper bag. My heart galloped in my chest and the relief I felt at the sight of him had me gripping the coffee pod in my hand.

He came back.

"Hey." He greeted as he came over to place everything on the counter. The same counter he ate me out on.

"Hey." My voice came out in a whisper as I watched him reach into the brown bag and pull out two very good looking donuts.

"Still take your coffee with a little bit of sugar right?"

I shook myself out of the shock of him knowing my coffee order, and gave him a nod. I was still reeling at the fact he came back and with breakfast. Placing the coffee pod on the counter behind me I slowly made my way towards him.

"Thought you left." I said grabbing my coffee. "Not that I cared." I quickly added, not wanting him to think I was heartbroken waking up without him.

"Figured you could use some food after last night." He ignored my words as he slid a donut towards me. Any ideas or plans of being stand-offish evaporated at his sweet actions. Damn him.

"Thanks." I wasn't about to let him know this was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.

Leaning against the counter I sipped my coffee, not sure what to say. I wasn't going to think that he would want to do this again. Last night was probably a one time thing for him, which I completely understood. The last thing I was going to do was assume we were anything more than a one night stand. Last night didn't need to change anything.

"So." I started after a few minutes passed and the silence became too much.

"So." Landon looked over at me with a raised eyebrow.