Chapter 15...

Happy Reading and Happy Thanksgiving!

Lydia

Watching Landon teach a little girl how to play hockey was the most attractive thing I've ever seen in my entire life, and I've been around for 29 years. He was so patient and kind as he taught her to hold the hockey stick. The look on the little girls face when she hit the puck was the cutest thing ever.

I hadn't told him I was dropping by and I was glad I didn't give him a heads up. I liked sitting there watching him interact with the kids. Seeing him do something he enjoyed. I was seeing another side to him and I found myself liking this side. Landon comes off as an asshole, which he can be, but with these kids he was far from it.

I thought seeing him with kids a few weeks ago was sweet but this was next level. My ovaries can't handle it. The little girl looked at Landon like he was the coolest thing on the planet. Landon may have been busy with the little girl but I could see how all the kids adored coming here. I could see it in their faces as they skated around and talked animately with their parents when they left.

Aside from the kids loving it here, there seemed to be a lot of moms here to drop off and pick up their kids. I didn't fail to notice the lingering glances they all did towards Landon. The way they watched his every movement.

I didn't necessarily blame them for coming to gawk at Landon. He looked good out there on the ice. Joggers that clung to his muscular legs. A tight pullover sweatshirt that made his arms look fantastic. He was drool worthy. So of course the hockey moms came by every time there's class/practice.

Was I jealous sitting there watching them all bat their eyelashes at him? Can't say I enjoyed that but at the same time they weren't the ones he was fucking. I don't see them being bent over the couch and made to come over and over again. It made me a bit smug knowing that.

"Want to help?" Landon brought me out of my thoughts. He was standing at the entrance of the rink.

"You want me to willingly come out on the ice?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I can teach you to skate." He shrugged.

"You wanna teach me?" I pointed to myself. "You once said I was hopeless on the ice."

"That's still true." The smirk on his face made me want to smack him. "But I think I can help you stay upright if you want."

While a part of me wanted to say no, the idea of Landon taking the time to teach me had me saying the exact opposite.

"Okay."

"Okay?" I gave him a nod hoping I don't regret this. "Lets get you some skates."

Landon towered over me in general but with skates he was even taller. I was low-key jealous at how easily he walked in his skates. Why must everyone in the Boone family be so freaking talented in sports. Would be nice if one of them sucked at something.

"Emily what are you still doing here?" Landon said the moment we got up to the skate rental counter. The familiar teenager stood there looking between the two of us. She was the same girl I saw last time I was here.

"I was just about to leave." The look Landon gave her was one I've seen him use countless times on Mateo.

"You didn't need to stay this whole time. It's Friday go out with your friends." The way he scolded her let me know the two of them were close.

"Yes dad." She rolled her eyes but she was smiling. She looked over at me curiously, eyes darting back to Landon.

"I'm Lydia." I introduced myself feeling like I needed to say something.