Chapter 27....

"I can't believe you broke your hand." Josie looked at my arm with wide eyes.

"Apparently when you punch someone you can fracture your knuckles." I shook my head as I gazed at my own hand. "So maybe don't try to punch someone."

"I'll keep that in mind the next time I try." Josie joked. "Seriously though, you okay?"

"Aside from trying to learn to do things with my left hand, I'm doing okay."

It was now Monday, two days after going to the hospital and getting my cast. I've really taken having two working hands for granted. Didn't realize how much I use both on a daily bases when I can't.

"I bet getting dressed is a joy."

"You have no idea." Today was the first time I've gotten dressed without Landon there to help. Yesterday I just laid around in my PJ's and didn't have to worry about needing help changing. Landon did offer to help today but both of us were needed at work and the last thing I was going to do was become dependent on a man. No, thank you.

It may have taken me more than half the time it usually does to get ready but I did it.

"I know your wedding is this weekend and my cast won't really go with the bridesmaid dresses." Josie instantly cut me off.

"Don't even start. I don't give a shit about the dresses." The look she sent me had my lips twitching. She couldn't be scary even if she tried. "As long as you are okay I don't care."

"Well thank you." And I meant it. I don't know what I've done to deserve a great friend like Josie. "You're finishing up some stuff and taking the rest of the week off right?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah just wanted to submit the last of the photos for the next issue. I'm meeting Evelyn later to make sure the caterers are ready for Friday."

"Are you ready? Friday's the big day."

"Yeah." Josie didn't sound convincing at all. Putting my phone down I gave her my full attention.

"What's wrong."

"Nothing. Nothing."

"Yeah I don't believe that for a second." I gave her a look.

"It's just..." Josie worried her lip between her teeth. "What if Wyatt isn't ready? We've known each other two years but is it too soon." I could see her mind overthinking big time. I expected nothing less when a wedding is just days away.

"Jo." I waited until she was looking at me. "You and Wyatt are perfect together. You two were literally meant for one another. There is no way Wyatt would be second guessing right now. He loves you." I made sure to look right into her eyes as I emphasized every word.

"If anyone can make marriage work it's you two. I'm not going to say marriage is easy, its not. Nothing is. But you two love each other enough to always work through it."

"I just don't want to lose him." Josie whispered.

"You won't. Trust me. I know a thing or two about losing someone. You're never going to lose Wyatt, that guy is sickeningly in love with you."

"He really is, isn't he."

"It's quite nauseating." I said it with a smile so she knew I was joking. "Don't worry everything is going to go amazingly. I mean it's Tasha for crying out loud." Josie laughed at my words.

"Very true. I'm afraid she's going to yell at one of the workers if something goes wrong."

"Oh definitely." The two of us shared a laugh.

"Thank you Lyd." Josie reached around and squeezed my left hand.

"Always. Now go finish up and get out of here. You have a wedding to get ready for."