Night's Events

Daniel

"Stop! Don't!"

I heard someone scream loudly, making me switch on the lights in the living room and look around.

But, I frowned to see that there was no one.

"No! No!"

I realised that it was coming from Crazy woman's room and my eyes widened as I was worried about there being an intruder.

"No! No! Don't!" she yelled again.

I took a few quick steps across the living room and went to her room.

"Crazy woman?" I knocked on the door, "You're okay in there?"

"No! No! This isn't...stop it!" she yelled again.

"Crazy woman, open the door," I knocked again, louder.

"Go away! Please, go!" she yelled.

"Fuck!" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"No! No! Stop it! Stop it!" she yelled again and I heard a few things knocking down.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I muttered and ran to my room.

I opened the drawer in my closet and got the master key out. I ran back to her room and put the key inside the hole.

"Crazy woman, I am coming in. Do you ne -"

"Please, please, just go!" she yelled again.

"Fuck it," I muttered and turned the knob and flung the door open.

My eyes came out of their sockets as I saw her writhing on the bed and shaking her head furiously.

"Ouch! Just stop it! Go away!" she yelled again and I realised that she was having a nightmare.

"Crazy woman," I went to her and shook her to wake her up.

"No! Don't touch me. It hurts. Stop it! No!" she kept yelling and pushed me away.

"Hey, it's okay. You're just having a nightmare," I tried waking her up.

"No! No! Go away! Stop it! No! Please, it hurts!" she yelled, breathing heavily and clenching her fist around the sheets.

"Hey, hey, hey," I kept shaking her and tapping on her cheek but, nothing.

I heard another thunder and she literally jumped on the bed, "Stop it! Please make it go!"

Oh no! What do I do? Shit, this is scary. How do I wake her up now?

"Hey! Crazy woman! Wake up! Get up!" I shook her.

"Stop hurting me please, I beg you," she pleaded.

"Crazy woman! Can you hear me? Crazy woman, you need to get up. It's fake. It's not real," I said shaking her.

She kept breathing heavily and writhing and I didn't understand how I should handle her.

Lights. Yes, lights.

I quickly turned the lights on and tried again, "Crazy woman, wake up."

"God, please help me! Please, god," she started shivering.

I looked around and saw a jug of water. I quickly took it and threw some water on her face.

"Crazy woman, wake up. It's okay. Everything's good. You are good. It's just a nightmare," I kept saying as I splashed more water on her face.

After a few tries, she gasped in shock and opened her eyes. I could see her blue eyes filled with tears.

"Are you alright?" I asked her and placed a hand on her shoulder.