Lia's Treat

Lia

"I am sorry for not coming. I just thought you'd...I am sorry," I told her as we sat down on the couch.

"It's alright," she smiled at me, patting my back, "I am glad you are here now."

"But, it wasn't completely my fault. I did tell this idiot that I wouldn't go in the afternoon itself," I told her, pointing at him.

She scoffed and told him, "And you didn't tell me? How can you forget something like this? Do you know how much time it takes to cook one dish?"

"You are talking to the wrong son, old lady. Aaron is the one who doesn't know how to cook. I know everything. Besides, I didn't forget. I just... never mind," he waved it off.

"Liar, you definitely forgot," I scoffed.

"I am not lying!" he argued back.

"You know, Mom, while we were on our way here, he said you are a frenzy lady and you get overboard about little things," I told her.

"What the fuck! You're not supposed to bail out on me like that," the drama queen complained.

"I am frenzied and get overboard?" Mom scowled at him.

Drama Queen groaned, "In my defence, I had no idea what you wrote in that stupid note-"

"Hey! That note's not stupid," I warned him.

"Yeah, fine. I had no idea what you had written in it and she was crying at home and then, silently staring at her nails all the way from home to here. You don't know her like I do. I was worried for you. She could have honestly punched you in the face the moment she saw you," he told her.

I scoffed, "What bullshit! You think I'd punch her? I'd never do that to anyone."

"I know, sweetie. Gosh, you and your brother. I have no idea how you both run your businesses with such brains," she rolled her eyes, making me snicker.

"I am telling you. If it weren't for these two, I'd still have black hair and not these stupid grey ones," she complained to me.

"First of all, you don't know this mad girl and how insane can she get and second, that has nothing to do with Aaron or me. You're fifty-five! There's no way you would have still had black hair," Mr Idiot scoffed.

"Fifty-five? She has been telling me forty for years now!" Josh said in surprise.

"Yeah, I found out a couple of months ago when I took her to renew her passport," Mr Idiot told him.

"It's you who are dumb if you believed me. We were in college together. Same class," Mom scoffed.

"Who said I believed you? I just never cared enough to bother calculating either of our ages since I turned forty-five myself," Josh laughed.

What a sweet family this is. No doubt Amy loves them.

"So, Lia, you work for the city hospital?" Josh asked me.

"Yeah, I am an intern there," I told him.

"How does it feel like working there?" he asked me.

I scowled and said, "Really stressful. Reason? Why don't we ask that to your son?"

Everyone turned to look at Mr Idiot and he said, "What? It's not my fault her department is facing a staff shortage."

"You literally ordered my senior to put just me up for extra work!" I accused him.

"And you paid me back for it today morning, didn't you?" he narrowed his eyes at me and I smirked.

"What did you do?" Josh asked curiously.