Rake's Thoughts

Lia

'He is...he is a transponster!'

'That's not even a word!'

I burst out laughing as Monica and Rachel lost the apartment to their friends in a bet that they had made.

It had been a week since the trip and today was finally the first day off I had had since then. 

I had spent the whole day unpacking, doing my laundry and cleaning my room and bathroom. It was almost seven in the evening by the time I was done with all my chores so, I had ordered pizza and once it arrived, I sat down to eat and switched on the television.

After surfing a few channels, I had finally settled on my favourite sitcom, Friends.

It is about a group of six friends who live near each other and the things that happen in their daily lives and it was my all time go to show. 

I noticed that my pizza was over so, I went to the kitchen and threw the box away.

I opened the freezer and picked up the tub of ice cream and a spoon from the drawer as I returned to the living room and settled down again.

My phone pinged and I saw that it was Luke.

Their wedding was in just two months and he was going crazy with the preparations so, Amy and I offered to help him out a bit. 

Obviously, Amy knows it a lot better than I do and my expertise is only limited to when it comes to choosing what's the most trending lately.

I opened the messages and saw that they were pictures of all the decorations that they had seen today at the decorator.

I was replying to him when the main door opened and I looked up to see Drama Queen walking in with his office bag.

We hadn't spoken much since that night. The next day I was with Amy for the whole day and he was with Aaron. After we came back, we would just cross paths every day when I came home in the morning from my shifts and he left for his office.

"Hey, I was waiting for you," I told him, stopping him in his tracks before he would go to his room.

He looked at me in surprise, which then changed to suspicion.

He checked the time on his clock and then, frowned at me, "It isn't eleven yet."

I gave him a flat look and picked up the envelope from the coffee table, "Rent for this month and the utilities for the last."

"Oh," he said and took the envelope from me, "Thanks, I guess."

I nodded and he left to his room as I continued replying to Luke about the designs that I had liked and not liked.

Some people, Amy, are really into whites and some are into pink and orchids, like Connor. I do not like any of those. I like blue and gold more. But, not my say here, right? So, I am just picking the best from what they have sent or sharing ideas about their choice of colours.

"You paid a hundred more," Drama Queen said making me look up.

He was holding a hundred dollar note.

"Oh really?" I asked and took it frowning, "But, I had counted it twice. Oh, wait. Yes, I forgot. Martha gave it. You had forgotten it inside the laundry."

"Oh," he said and took it.

"You should be careful. Hundred dollars is a lot for some of us," I taunted.

He gave me a flat smile, "I was distracted last night. I might have not checked all of my pockets."

I clicked my tongue in annoyance, "Of course."