⋆⋆☾⋆⁺₊⋆Chapter Ten: Broccoli⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⋆

~20 minutes later (6:00 pm)~

After repeating this song around 4 times, a ding sound of the timer echoed in the kitchen, meaning that the pizza was ready. Spruce grabbed the oven mitt and took the pizza out of the oven. The aroma from the pizza filled in the air. The BroZone brothers sniffed the air.

Spruce sniffed the air. "Mmmmm...smells good."

"Mhm," Clay agreed.

Branch smiled at the pizza. "Looking at that pizza is making me hungry."

"Well, then. What are we waiting for, let's eat!" John Dory announced.

Clay and Branch set the table in the kitchen, Spruce sliced and put four slices on each paper plate, and Floyd served the broccoli as they all sat at the table. Clay made a noise as if it was a record scratch.

John Dory frowned. "Broccoli."

Clay made a silly noise of disappointment. "Womp womp."

Branch munched on the broccoli. "Mmmm, broccoli."

"Are you kidding me? No fries?" John Dory asked.

Clay shrugged. "Well, at least the broccoli's good. Mmh!"

John faced Clay. "That's because Viva gave you the nickname "Broccoli Babe", and then you start eating them since then."

Branch stopped eating his broccoli.

Floyd gasped. "Say what?"

Spruce gave Clay a shocking look. "Really?"

Clay gave them a serious look. "Seriously? I do like broccoli. Not when I was a kid, but I grew up liking them eventually. And that's how she gave me that cute nickname....okay, and the way my hair looks too."

John Dory faced Spruce. "Back on topic. What happened to the fries, bro?"

Spruce looked away, gritting his teeth. "I.....forgot the fries, so I got cooked broccoli instead."

"That's not what we're supposed to have," John Dory said. "A perfect BroZone sleepover should be having pizza and fries for dinner."

Spruce thought that John Dory was finished complaining, but he continued to talk about not having the fries with the dinner and having a "perfect" BroZone Sleepover for the past two minutes.

Spruce rolled his eyes at his older brother. "Oh, really? Perfect? Oh, here we go again..."

"I'm just saying. We can't have pizza without fries. Vice-versa. And I even brought the ketchup," John Dory said, pulling out the ketchup from the fridge.

"Now, first off, who's the host?" Spruce pointed at himself. "Me. And you're not the host, so I'm in charge of this sleepover."

"Well, I'm the oldest," John Dory said. "And if I have to I will demand you to get the fries from the store now."

"You can't boss me around. Not this time," Spruce said.

Floyd sighed. "This reminds me of the tater tot incident."

Spruce faced Floyd. "What? Tater tot incident?"

Clay nodded. "Oh yeah, I remember. It happened during our very first BroZone Sleepover years ago. Do any of you guys recall it?"

John Dory nodded. "Yes....."

"Ummmm.....kind of?" Branch said in a confused way.

Spruce pondered for a bit. The small pile of broccoli sat on his plate. The word "tater tot" swirled around in his mind for a bit. It soon clicked to him.