31- Unlikly therapy

Suddenly hearing about my own new leg, I felt better about things.

   Of corse it wasn't an immediate change, no where near. And yeah, maybe it isn't enough to say I'm cured. But I could be better.

   I'm no longer a burden to those who hoenskty had saved me.

    Though saying that now I realize how bad it sounds. Save me. What does that mean? Save me from what- family. There was nothing to be saved from.

      Save me was the wrong use of words. Protected me from backlash, that's better.

__________________________________

"So you were serious about following me?"

     You were particularly upset he was following you, more shocked. For you, his line felt more like a tempt to get you out of bed. Maybe he had some truth in it but following you, did not seem likely.

    "Yes I was serious. It's my duty to watch you"

     "Huh. Duty you say?"

     With a raised brow you look at him and you slowly walk to the graveyard. It wasn't a long walk from where the scout regiment had resided. Maybe that was on purpose since they did have the most deaths.

      Though the walk had seemed longer since how slow the two of you had to walk. The doctor was truthful when she said she was wrapping it up. It was a thick boot that went all the way up to your knee. Why? You didn't know.

     Even though the boot had cushioned your pain, it did not get rid of it all. And it was big. It added twice the wanted thickness and now you were practically dragging your leg around.

      He didn't give you more than a small look as you looked at him.

The captain, of yours had already offered his help to walk faster before you had even left he building. You refused though, in your words "I'm old enough to know how to walk. Thank you though."

"So." You say trying to black out the silence filling the gap between you. "Isn't Kenny like, your cousin?"

Why did you decide that was the best thing to ask- you couldn't say? But for you, it was interesting and knowing more about the man, who you had grown closer with, wouldn't hurt you.

"Uncle actually. I didn't know that till his death though."

"But you knew him before?" A hint of confusion was in your voice.

" I grew up with him, he taught me what I knew as a child."

Your eyes glittered with joy. "Wow! So he was like a father figure to you?"

"In a way , but you make it sound weird you cripple."

A laugh had very audibly left your mouth as you both walked through the gates of the graveyard. His nickname for you made the light irritable pain leave your body, even for a moment.

Somehow though, the man next to you had been feeling his chest tighten. Why though? Maybe he was getting sick. For him, that was the only explanation. Though as he saw your smile and you lightly say something he couldn't hear, his chest felt tighter.