||CHAPTER 9||

Shrishti pov

The ride was silent and comfortable. Not knowing when I drifted into sleep on our way back with the short conversation we had.

How strange it is that the person who I didn't knew became someone with whom I had to spend my life. Life sure love to play it's cards at the most unexpected point. It is surprising that a person whom I knew only for a day was providing such a calming presence to me even though we were still in the initial phase of knowing each other.

I usually allowed very few people in my personal space but him it looks like a different scenario. To say I don't feel awkward to share my personal space with him is a positive sign for our relationship. Cause being a person who was close all through my life it was difficult to have new people in my circle everytime like how extroverts make. But with him the rules I made to protect my self from the betrayal, the feeling of being broken just went into drain.

How strange that a single person who I have known only for a day has such a huge impact on my inner self which is shield and bricked from the cruel world.

To say we still haven't talked about my living arrangements and I was pretty sure that it was gonna be not that good as how we were at the moment. The thing was I felt that he will understand the situation I am in but our families were the ones I was worried about. I knew that he was a mafia and that the family is one of the well known in the underworld and with that position the risk factor of being a target for his enemies was high once everyone was aware about who he is tied too.

Regardless of my overthinking due to the comfortable silence of the car drift me to slumber from which he woke me up and at that moment the normal girl that is neither the princess nor the doctor but a simple normal girl that crushes over a handsome man and fangirls about them person woke inside me seeing his handsome man. For a moment it felt like a dream to be waking upto a handsome face like his but the trance broke when he called me again bringing me back from the la la land that I drifted too and let me know that we have reached the hotel.

What ever the circumstances were in which we married or the situation that lead us to the marriage but God sure did me a favour by marrying me to an handsome man like him. Love was a second thing and that was something that we had to fine but I sure can appreciate the beauty that God has created. To think that a girl who never paid any head to the boys who approached her is drooling over the handsomeness of her husband, Ha the irony.

Giving my inner rant a pause let's move ahead as to what is happening.

So by the time we have reached the hotel it's already evening and everyone must be having the evening snacks and tea especially my family but about my in- laws I was not aware. As we had our lunch outside we decided to head to our room first and then greet our family and spent some time. Besides it was no point in delaying regarding my living arrangements cause everyone has to take care of their professional life as the wedding has ended and the reception was not arranged. It was a good thing that reception was not planned. It will give us time to learn about eachother as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the late update.

Also this is a short update of around 600+ words.

I have my exams coming and would be busy with that so the updates would slow or might not be their for a month or two. Though i would try to write when ever I will get chance.

And belated wishes for Diwali to all the readers.

Also belated happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~