Lonely People

Kid Ritz: Today on a very special episode of The Bop on Top, we're talking about overnight superstars, Velvet and Veneer!

💜Never gets old💜

💜No matter how much I'm told I'm amazing💜

💚You're amazing💚

💜You gotta work hard to make it look easy💚

💜You gotta live fast to keep making that money💚

💜If you want to be as famous as me💚

💜You gotta work, gotta work, gotta work💚

💜Watch me work!💜

Velvet: So, what do you wanna know? I'm an open book.

Veneer: Wide-open. We're gaping novels.

Kid Ritz: Okay, well, who are some of your biggest influences?

Veneer: Honestly, Vel's always been my inspiration.

Velvet: My biggest inspiration? Mmm. [twirls and twists her arms] I'd have to go with also me.

Kid Ritz: Well, one thing's for sure, after two months on the scene, the superstar duo will receive the prestigious Lifer Award. [the Lifer Award appears on the screen] That's celebrating a lifetime of achievements. Be sure to catch their performance this weekend at the Rage Dome.

(A picture of the Rage Dome appears on the screen before it spins and shrink into size)

Kid Ritz: Last question. How do you guys stay the biggest superstars Mount Rageous has ever known? What's your secret?

(This hits Veneer hard)

Veneer: Secret? [chuckles] We don't have a secret. [breathes rapidly] Who said we have a secret?

Velvet: What my calm, casual-sounding brother means is it's simple, really. It just takes lots of hard work and loads of natural talent.

(Cut to the twins in the recording booth trying to lay a song in their track, but their voices kept cracking. They sounded awful, like, REALLY, REALLY awful)

Velvet & Veneer: [vocalizing off-key]

(both groan)

Velvet: If we're gonna make it through the Rage Dome show, we're gonna need more Troll.

(Out of the booth, Velvet kicks a chair much to Crimp's surprise)

Velvet: Crimp, what are you doing? Why are you always hovering?

Crimp: [moves the control board] Uh, I'm standing.

Veneer: Well, be a good, little assistant and go stand in the corner.

Crimp: Oh, yes. [jumps off and struggles to find a corner to stand in, much to the twins' chagrin] Um, oh, dear. I think this is kind of a c-corner.

Velvet: Okay, I cannot with her.

Veneer: It's really too much.

Velvet: Whoo. Well, time for a spritz.

Floyd: No, please! I barely have any talent left to give. I mean, maybe like a desperate Christmas album or a one-off national anthem performance, but that is it!

Velvet: Oh, really? You don't wanna? Okay, that's fine. We'll just kiss our careers goodbye and focus our efforts on charity.

Veneer: [chuckles] Good one.

(Velvet picks up the perfume bottle and sprays it at her vocal cords)

Floyd: [groans]

💜 Hey, yeah 💜

💜 Ohh~ 💜

Velvet: [sighs] That's more like it. We're so close to having everything we always knew we believed we deserved to have!

(Velvet notices Veneer feeling doubtful)

Velvet: Veneer, what's with your vibe and your face? Why do you have resting-moody-vibe face?

Veneer: No, I know we've deserved to be famous just 'cause we want to. But honestly, that dude looks rough.

Velvet: He's fine.

Veneer: And he's getting pale. And not in, like, a stunning, Victorian way.

(Floyd loses color from his feet, it is now transparent)

Floyd: [gasps] Don't you see what you're doing? You're literally sucking the life out of me.

Velvet: [groans] That's what I tell Crimp every day.

(This hits Crimp hard)

Crimp: [sobs]

Veneer: What are we gonna do? We obviously can't rely on this Troll to get us through this dress rehearsal. Let alone the Rage Dome show.

Velvet: [flips the perfume bottle] It's all going to change as soon as we have BroZone. [sits down]

Floyd: BroZone?

Velvet: Yep! I forged a letter begging for them to come and save you. [sighing] I love me.

Floyd: No! You leave my brothers alone.

Veneer: Ugh. I'm exhausted by this drama. Hey, do you wanna go buy a yacht?

Veneer: Oh, good idea. Let's buy matching yachts.

(The twins leave, and Floyd slightly loses color from his feet)

Floyd: [sighs]

❤️This is for all the lonely people❤️

❤️Thinking that life has passed us by❤️

❤️We won't give up until we drink from the silver cup❤️

❤️And ride that highway in the sky❤️

Floyd: Your ukulele skills are improving.

Crimp: Thank you.