10 - [Hyunlix] We're just friends, right? 🩵

Just two besties crushing on each other, where a simple hang out / possible study session might change their relationship.

And before they even realize, their dreams are surprisingly close to becoming true.

_________________

Aaaaah it felt good to write some Hyunlix again and this fluffy friends to lovers honestly had my own heart beating faster (wth? Lmao)

Soooo, I really hope you'll enjoy this one and feel free to spam the comments with your thoughts!

_________________

Ship: Hyunlix
Genre: fluff
TW: none

Highschool au
Friends to lovers (my current fav trope 😭)
_________________

"Ya! Hyunjin-ah!", Felix's excited voice echoed through the hallways of their school. It was the second break on a Friday, the two friends meeting after their individual classes like they always did.

"Lix!", the taller shouted back, equally happy to see his best friend. They rushed towards each other, colliding into a playful hug. They hadn't seen each other yesterday, so they were quite deprived of the others presence.

"Where were you yesterday?", the blonde nudged his friend, parting from the hug with a tiny blush and warm cheeks.

Because even though they always told each other everything, there was one thing they've kept to themselves for a very long time by now.

Hyunjin smiled brightly, "Two of my classes got cancelled and I needed to do a group project, before I went out for dance practice."

"You should have taken me with you! I died out of boredom!", the younger complained, pouting slightly as the two started walking together.

They were close and naturally clingy, so it wasn't an odd sight to see them all over each other.

Right now, they as well were close, having nearly no distance between their shoulders and arms while walking down the hall.

Their conversation kept flowing, both of them feeling slightly flustered by their proximity but being too addicted to it to back away.

Whenever their eyes met, neither of them were able to maintain the eye contact. Blinking rapidly instead.

"Do you want to come over later?", Felix questioned, managing to keep looking into Hyunjin's deep, brown, sparkling eyes. The latter immediately agreed, "I'd love to!", he chirped, smiling fondly.

"Great!" Their eyes warmly sparkled at each other, as they exchanged a look of admiration with wide smiles, which lasted a bit too long to be just friendly feelings.

Felix's eyes eventually drifted off to the elders soft looking, full lips, getting mesmerized by them. Hyunjin was used to it, yet couldn't hide his tiny blush and his eyes automatically wandered down to the blonde's equally inviting lips.

The younger was first to break out of their small silence, clearing his throat with a flustered expression on his sculptured face.

"You have Maths now, don't you?", he hastily spoke, getting the taller out of his stare. "Yes, I do.", the latter chuckled, slightly awkwardly rubbing his neck.

The getting lost while staring at each other thing, kept getting out of hand for the two lately. Of course, with their feelings involved, they've always been naturally drawn towards each other. Always stealing little glances.

But recently it kept happening more often, and even in the others presence. Or even worse - in the middle of their conversation.

Their six friends of course loved to tease them about it, calling them out on it, loving their flustered and embarrassed reactions whenever they got caught.