Chapter 7. Meeting Cloud Guy again

The next morning, the troop followed Chef's tracks to a part of the forest that was divided into different paths. Unfortunately, the tracks ended a few feet away from the paths, so there was no way to tell where Chef went. "Oh no! How are we gonna find them now?" Wani ask and Branch said "I don't know. I just know that they're down one of these paths".

"But, which one?" Biggie asked and just then...

"Choose A Path Wisely. For One Will Lead You To Your Destination And The Others... To Certain Death... Death... Death..."

This spooked everyone as Becky held Oscar and Lucas close to her while Amber held a sleeping Nova close as Kyle hugs his big sister from behind and Hickory asked/called out "Who said that?".

"It was..."

"Oh, no" Branch groaned and then it revealed to be Cloud Guy as he said "Me" and then Biggie, Cooper, Amber and Becky shouted "Cloud Guy!" and this made Kyle, Lucas and Oscar look at Cloud Guy curious. "Umm, you guys, who is this?" Wani asked and Biggie looks at her and says introducing "This is Cloud Guy. A friend of ours" and then Hickory asked "Cloud Guy? The same Cloud Guy who helped Poppy, Branch and Ruby save you?" and this made Branch angrily reply "Yep. That's the one".

"It's so nice to meet you. We've heard so much about you" Wani said and Cloud Guy says greeted back "Pleasure is all mine, little miss Sunshine. Buenos dias, amigo. And hallo, freund".

Everyone giggled except Branch, who frowned before Cloud Guy noticed Nova, Kyle, Lucas and Oscar and asked curiously "Hey there kids" and then Cloud Guy looks at Amber and Becky as he asked "How come I didn't know you two started your own families, girls?" and this made everyone bust out laughing except Branch while both Amber and Becky were blushing furiously by this.

"A-Actually Cloud Guy, these are our siblings" Amber stammered out while Becky introduced her and Amber's siblings "This is Oscar and Lucas; my little brothers and those two are Nova and Kyle; Amber's siblings" and Cloud Guy let out an 'oh' and sa...

"A-Actually Cloud Guy, these are our siblings" Amber stammered out while Becky introduced her and Amber's siblings "This is Oscar and Lucas; my little brothers and those two are Nova and Kyle; Amber's siblings" and Cloud Guy let out an 'oh' and says "My apologies then" and then Branch said interrupting the conversation "Can we help you with something?" and this made Cloud Guy say "I just wanted to warn you; one of these paths leads to Chef's trailer and the others to... Certain Death!" and he did an echo for the last part of the sentence.

"Do you know which is the right one?" Prince D asked and Cloud Guy said "Sure" and this made Kyle and the boy twins said excitedly "Yeah!" and Branch pulls the boys back while saying "Thanks, but no thanks. We got this" and the boys whine a little as Tresillo says "Pop Troll, he's trying to help us, mon" and Branch looks at him and says "This is a serious mission and he doesn't take anything seriously" and Wani said "Really? Because what I've been told, you just take things too seriously".

"Who told you?" Branch asked and then Hickory said "Poppy, Ruby, Amber, Becky and your other friends. Also, he's pretty much the best chance we've got, so we should give him a shot" and Branch hesitated before he said "Ok, fine!" and Cloud Guy says "Perfect. But first, you need to do one thing for me in return" and Branch saw this coming as he groaned "Ugh. What?!" and then Cloud Guy took a camera, gave it to Branch and said "You just have to take a family photo" and this confused Branch as he asked "A family photo?".

"Yep of me, my wife and the kids" as he said that his wife and kids appeared from behind him.

"Awww!" Everyone said.

Branch didn't think it would take too much time, but every time he tried to take a decent family photo, the kids would either make a funny face or do some other way to mess it up. Branch got frustrated and asked "Cloud, would you please ask your kids to behave?" and Cloud Guy says to his kids "Uncle Branch is right, kids. I would, for once, to have a perfect photo hanging on our wall" and the kids said "Ok" and finally did a perfect pose for a decent family photo. Branch got the picture and then said "Ok, photo's taken, now which way do we go?".

But then Cloud Guy said "Not so fast. Now, I need a picture frame" and this made Branch get really angry and shouted "You didn't say anything about a picture frame!" and Cloud Guy then says "I suggest you find me a frame, or these goes out to all of Trollstopia" and he pulled out photos of Branch treating his remote, Gary, like a real baby with Branch feeding it a baby bottle, rocking it to sleep and even dressing it in baby bonnets.

Branch blushed while the others just looked at him awkwardly with Amber and Becky holding in their laughter. "Give me those!" Branch exclaimed and then the two engaged in a chase as the troop followed behind them with shouts of protest.

"Branch, no!"

"Wait!"

"He's just a cloud!"

"Branch, he can help us!"

"Run, Cloud Guy!"

Then suddenly Cloud Guy stopped as he said "Ta-da, we're here!" and it turned out Cloud Guy had led/chase them to the right path, then he tossed the embarrassing photos to Branch and said "Hey guys, thanks for the photo and good luck with the rescue" and with that Cloud Guy left, the troop had seen that Chef's trailer was just a few hours away. "I guess that cloud does have a funny way of doing business" Prince D said.

"You think?" Branch said angrily, making both Amber and Becky finally bust out laughing.