snow on the beach

snow on the beach (ft. more lana del rey) by taylor swift

I've never heard such silence before.

The white sand was gleaming with moon light as  the cool pieces of it kissed from beneath my toes.

It was near freezing and the wind blew softly around me while I padded across the sand but I couldn't care less.

The silence was beautiful.

The only sound was the wind that danced with my hair like the silence was a never ending song.

The sand brushed over my feet and the swelling waves crashed in a building symphony before they receded as if almost afraid to overpower the silence's song.

Around me specs of snow glistened along with the sand as the floated down quietly.

Something about the way the wind sounded created a warmth in my chest despite the coldness pricking at every part of my body.

The snow clung to my hair looking like tiny stars against the darkness of my hair.

The wind crescendo-ed again and the waves climbed in synchronized harmony trying to overpower the wind before they quickly quieted.

The snow fell from the sky blanketing the sand softly and disappearing into the waves.

The beach stilled and I stared at the snow.

Although the snow and ocean could not be together, they smiled at each other before the ocean continued its song for the snow to dance to.

________________________________________________________

Word count- 220

Published- December 10, 2023

This song sounds like how snowing feels.