17: Sleepover

Seventeen: Sleepover

!!!

Note: The outfit is the same because it's what Y/n was wearing at the beginning of this chapter.

After they decided it was time to call it a day, the three walked back down the hill and decided to revisit the whole 'Russians' thing some other day.

Y/n and Max walked next to one another, hand in hand, their arms swinging back and forth. After Dustin posted from the girls, Max had an idea. "Wanna sleep over at mine?"

Y/n's face lit up at the offer. "Always!"

Max smiled, sending butterflies to Y/n's stomach. It was like her smile got more beautiful every day.

!!!

The girls arrived at Max's house, and her step-brother, Billy wasn't home. Probably on a date or something.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower now, wait here." Max informed the girl.

"Be fast!"

"I will!"

The redhead grabbed an outfit before walking to the bathroom. When she came back, she tossed Y/n a change of clothes, and then Y/n left Max alone to go shower as well.

Once both girls were showered and changed into something to sleep in, they plopped down on Max's bed.

"Do you think Suzie's real?" Max asked the other girl.

"I mean, I don't think Dustin would make a whole concoction and lug us up a hill to talk to her if she wasn't, right?" Y/n shared.

Max shrugged. "Yeah, I guess." She glanced at Y/n before taking them off topic. The two locked eyes.

How are her eyes so gorgeous???

The eye contact lasted a while, to the point where they both got butterflies.

"Uh- so what do- what do you wanna do?" Max stammered, breaking the eye contact.

"Oh- uhh... I dunno. Dustin had us out there for a while, so I'm kinda tired." Y/n told her.

"Okay, yeah, me too, let's just go to bed."

"Oh! But tomorrow, I'm teaching you how to skateboard." Max added.

Y/n chuckled. "Okay."

Max turned off her lamp, and the two pulled the sheets over them after lying down properly instead of just sprawling out on the bed.

Y/n put her arm around Max, and her other hand rested on Max's head, before she spoke up again. "Your hair is really soft." Y/n said, smiling even though Max couldn't see.

"Thanks?" Max chuckled.

"No but like, it is." Y/n kind of laughed into her sentence. Both girls were laughing now, until the laughter died down and Y/n stroked Max's hair as they drifted asleep to the sound of each other's breathing.

a/n:

Tried to dedicate this one to you touch starved people, so hopefully you guys liked it. :)

later.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

462 words.