22: Heather

Twenty-two: Heather

The trio arrived at Max's house, Billy's car not being in the driveway.

"His car's not here." The redhead pointed out, slight concern in her voice and on her face. "You sure you wanna do this?" She asked, to which El nodded. The two walked ahead, Y/n staying back for a moment. She sighed before throwing her head back with a groan. "We can't be normal teenagers for a full year, can we?" She complained her thoughts aloud before jogging to catch up to the other two girls.

They entered the house, nobody home. They made their way into Billy's room as they followed the rock music playing. "Why do I get the feeling we're gonna find all kinds of wrong in here?" Max piped up. "Because we are, it's Billy." Y/n pointed out, not even looking at either of the girls as she was focused on looking around the older teenager's bedroom. Max turned off the loud blasting music, all three girls taking in the scent of cigarettes, cologne, and sweat. They all cringed at the stench before looking around more.

Max and Y/n found their way next to each other, and approached Billy's nightstand. The redhead opened one of the drawers, revealing explicit magazines. They were met with the cover of one, the woman on the front being half naked.
Max and Y/n cringed at the sight, Y/n looking away and Max slamming the drawer shut. "Ugh, gag me with a spoon."

The girls turned around to see El was walking into another room. They followed the brunette into the bathroom, passing by Max's room. It reminded Y/n of the first time she went over to Max's house. Max had to sneak her in because of Billy, so she made her way in through the window with Max's help.

Y/n might've been staring into Max's room for a bit too long, because when she snapped out of her thoughts, the two other girls were gone.

"Ice." She heard The recognizable voice of Max speak from the other room.

She followed the sound into the bathroom ahead of her. "It's just ice." Max said, looking at El, who had pulled a bag of ice from the full bathtub. "It's probably for his muscles or something, he works out like a maniac."

That's when Y/n distinctly remembered four words Will said the year prior, when he was possessed.

He likes it cold.

Oh shit.

Y/n turned to keep looking for anything useful, slowly believing El knew what she saw. Her eyes landed on the cabinet under the sink, the white cabinet door having blood on it. "Guys?" The other two girls's gaze went to Y/n before following her line of sight to the cabinet door. El walked closer before opening the cabinet to reveal trash can. The brunette reached into the garbage bag and pulled out a fanny pack. It had glitter and rhinestones outlining the 'Lifeguard' logo printed on the bag. All the girls looked to Max, the redhead's face being unreadable.

So El had the two girls take her to the community pool, despite the fact that it was pouring out. El rode on the back of Y/n's bike, and they made their way to the pool. The trio walked up to the front desk to ask the two workers questions about the fanny pack, hoping they could gather any intel. "Excuse me?" Y/n said after the two employees rudely ignored their presence. "No one in the water after the last strike." The male worker told them. "And don't try to argue with me." He finished, finally looking up at the girls. "Yeah, we don't care. We're not here to swim." Max informed the two. "... Or get electrocuted." "We found... This." El said, holding up the rhinestoned fanny pack. "Does that belong to anyone here?" Max asked. "Oh, yeah. That's Heather's." The man told the girls. "I'll get it back to her."

"We could give it back to her." El suggested. "You could, cept', she's not here. Bailed on me today." He explained. Each girl in the trio exchanged looks of concern and suspicion until the man spoke up again. "You want a reward or something?" He sarcastically asked the girls. "Nope. We're just... Good Samaritans." Max told him.

Y/n cocked a brow. "I mean, if the offer's there, though..." She didn't finish before Max dragged her off somewhere else.

El looked at a picture on the employees wall of a girl with black curly hair, a lifeguard swimsuit on, and the rhinestoned fanny pack.

Heather.

a/n:

Sorry this is such a short chapter! I was trying to finish this chapter so I could get to write the next part because I'm really excited, I think you guys are gonna love what I do with the story in this next part. Anyway, I'm gonna try to make the next chapter a lot longer though, so hopefully it makes up for this.

842 words.