0.6

Smith

Winter break finally arrived.

Fortunately, I passed all my midterms with flying colors. For 3 weeks, I won't have to worry about perfect grades, studying, forcing myself to complete assignments, or waking up early.

But that doesn't mean other worries haven't consumed me.

Christmas dinner destroyed me since so much family was over. I couldn't escape to the bathroom for a single second since relatives pestered me about my life. Most of the time, I rambled about school to the older people or talked about video games with my younger cousins.

The amount of Christmas cookies I ate has been haunting me for days. My mom made several comments on the excessive amount of sweets I ate, so that has worsened my guilt. To be honest, I'm pretty sure everyone ate a million cookies Christmas night. However, that never stops my mom from throwing out insults or snippy remarks every chance she gets.

To add onto the worries of being around family, my trip with the Velador's neared. I know Dayanara's grandma loves feeding people and piles food onto everyone's plates. Knowing I have to eat a large amount for a week terrifies me. I'm tempted to fake a sickness to get out of going, but I would feel more guilty for lying.

"I'm sure it'll be fun," Justin encourages, moving his piece across the Monopoly board. His boyfriend shuffles through the fake money, sneaking bills into his personal stack. "Tate Xavier Powell, stop it."

The blonde's eyes widen at his middle name being used, but that doesn't stop him from clashing back. "Make me, Justin whatever Banks."

"You don't remember my middle name?"

"It begins with an L, I think," Tate waves off before turning his attention to me. "Smithy something Woods."

I scowl, "Why is my name being thrown into this?"

"Because I wanted to make you feel included, honey bunches," Tate beams while pinching my cheek like I'm a young child. I swat his hand away, grumbling under my breath. "Why are you in such a bad mood?"

My attitude has been nothing but sour since the break began. I mean, how could I be anything but negative? Sure, I could try looking at the entire situation in a more positive light, but I'm struggling to even see this neutrally. "I'm not."

"It's because you have to be with Diego all week," Justin assumes.

I groan, my mood dropping further. "He's going to 'accidentally' murder me on this trip."

"I've seen him naked, he doesn't have that much muscle. He can't kill you," Tate nonchalantly states. Justin and I exchange a confused look, waiting for the blonde to explain himself. "We play basketball together, guys. Get your minds out of the gutters."

"You're the one who always makes dirty jokes, so excuse us for assumes," I indicate while rolling the dice and moving my piece. Justin snicker from beside me, making me relook at the board. "I forgot you owned that railroad."

The dark haired boy grins, "yep, pay up." I slap the paper money into his hand, sending him a glare that I'm not is playful or not. "It's only gonna be 5 days, and the first and last is driving. You can read and sleep the whole time. So that's only 3 days you have to deal with Diego."

I sigh, still trying to wrap my head around everything. I'm not sure why I'm dreading it more this time than any year prior. Maybe it's because Diego progressively gets ruder to me every single time I see him. "I just don't get why he's such a dick..."