one

[...]

The end of summer break. This summer we were busy moving my stuff from my old college to my new one. Same one as my twin Luca. He's the captain of the hockey team, so he's pretty popular. At this point I'm already waiting for the 'Luca's sister' comments.

It's Sunday and tomorrow will be my first day at my new college. I'm still mentally preparing for it because I hate being in the center of attention.

"Noa, dinner's ready!" My mom yells from downstairs. "Coming!"

"Oooh pasta." I smile as I take a seat. "Okay so, the rector sent us an e-mail with all your classes, I will print that out for you later." My dad says. "Alright" I answer. "It's a big school but you'll find it eventually. If necessary, you can always ask Luca or fellow students." "Mhm." I respond just pricking my fork as I felt my mood go down.

"Sweetie we know this is hard for you, but before you know it you'll have plenty of friends." My mom reassures me. "Yeah, whatever."

Later in bed I was calling with my friend from my other school, hoping for some moral support.

"Girl don't worry it's gonna be fine. And you can always call me." Sadie says over the phone. "I know thank you!" "Always babe!" "I just hope there's some nice people there." "I get that. Anyways I'm gonna sleep now, fill me in tomorrow?" "Yes of course, goodnight!" "Goodnight!"

I sigh. I decide to go sleep as well, since tomorrow is a big day. I'm still sleeping at home today because I couldn't move into my dorm until tomorrow.

I slowly wake up from all the light coming into my room. But as I look at my phone, I scream. "Mom!" I get up from my bed, "Shit, shit, shit. No no."

My mom walks in my room. "Mom, what the hell?" "Yeah Noa, our alarms didn't go off. It's gonna be okay." "No it won't. I can't be late on my first day." I yell trying to find an outfit.

"Sorry sweetie, I'll go make you breakfast." My mom walks downstairs. I can't believe this. This couldn't be happening. I couldn't be late on my first day, then I would literally be in the center of attention. And not in the good way.

I quickly put my clothes on and put some makeup on. When I run downstairs, breakfast was on the counter. "Eat something, I'll start the car." My mom tells me. But to be fair, I couldn't get anything in.
I just grab an apple and get in the car. "Okay go." I say.

We arrive and I unbuckle my belt and give my mom a kiss on the cheek. "Good luck, sweetie." "Thanks mom. Bye!" I close the car door.

When I walk in it's 8:28 so I still have 2 minutes to get on time. I try to find the note with my classes on it in my bag. "Shit no, where is it? Oh no, no."

I'm running around the school to find someone in the hallway who could help me. "Ma'am, sorry hey, do you know where classroom 208 is?" I ask a teacher. "Yeah, third floor to the left." She says when she continues walking. I had to walk 3 stairs now?

I reached the third floor and look at the classroom numbers trying to find 208. When I found it I barged inside. Shit. Now everyone's looking at me.

"Aah, miss Collins. You're late." The teacher says. "I know, I'm sorry." I awkwardly smile. "I'll let it slide this time. Class we have a new student, this is Noa Collins. Take a seat, Noa."

As I take a seat in the front because of course everyone wants to sit in the back. I hear someone whisper, "Collins? As in Luca's sister?" As they laugh. I just roll my eyes. This was gonna be a long day.

The first few classes ended and it was lunch break. I stand in line for the food and when I'm up, I nearly throw up. Do they actually call this food? I pick some things that look at least decent and try to find an empty table.

I sat down and took a bite, "Yeah, it's worse than it looks." I say to myself. "Sorry, is this seat taken?" Someone says and I look up. "No." I say smiling thinking they just wanted the chair. This was probably the most beautiful girl to ever walk on earth, with her long blond hair and pretty blue eyes. It's literally unfair.

"You're new right?" She asks me as she takes the seat. "Yes I am." I answer. "I'm Olivia." "I'm Noa." "I love your name." She smiles. "Thank you. You're really pretty by the way." "Awh thank you, so are you! When I saw you walk in class this morning I really thought, damn she looks hot." I laugh, "Thank you."

"You wanna join me and my friends?" Olivia asks. "Of course." I answer. This is going well. Luckily.

"Everyone, meet Noa." She says as we arrive at their table. "Ah, you're the new girl from this morning. Nice to meet you. I'm Luna." "Yes, nice to meet you too."

Suddenly every girl in the cafeteria started smiling and whispering to their friends. I look behind me and saw a whole group of guys walk in. Luca was in the front, so it had to be the hockey team.

I'm not really interested in them but as I'm about to look away I lock eyes with one guy. He's really handsome, and tall. Noa, get a grip. Luca would actually kill me.

I turn around again but they come over to our table. "Heyyy, Liam." I hear a few girls say in those cute voices. Ew.

"Who's new girl over there." I hear that Liam guy say. "That's my sister, Noa. And don't even think about it Liam." Luca says giving him a look.

Olivia turns to me. "That's Liam Anderson. Definition of trouble." She rolls her eyes. "Okay. You don't seem to care about any of them." I say. "True, I couldn't care less. You may think I would be all over them like those bitches, but no not at all." I laugh. She's literally the best type of girl, and she's pretty.

I lock eyes with Liam once again and he smirks at me, I look away and the bell rings. Thank God.

[...]