six

[...]

"Let's play truth or dare." Luna says smiling. Oh, here we go. "No." Luca answers. "Oh come on, I'm bored." Luna continues. "Sure, why not?" Liam says, locking eyes with me. He's honestly doing too much.

"Okay, Liam. Truth or dare?" Luna asks him. "I'll start with truth." He responds. "Pussy!" Jake yells and I chuckle. "Fine. Dare." He grits his teeth.

"Okayyy, I dare you to kiss the girl you find the most attractive." Luna says. Liam smirks and looks at me. He keeps his eyes at me for a moment, before he turns back to Luna on his right. He puts his hand on her cheek and pulls her in for a kiss.

Why did him kissing her make me feel like this. It's not like I cared. Did I? Luna must feel great. Good for her.

He pulls away and immediately locks eyes with me again. What the hell is he doing? Making me feel this way. I hate it. I hate him.

"Noa." Liam says and I look up to him, "Truth or dare?" I scoff, "Truth." I answer. "Hmm. Did you like kissing Scott last night." He asks smirking. "Liam-" Luca tries stopping his question. "No. Let her answer."

I just look at him for a second, he knows what he's doing. But so do I. "I did." I respond. "Good." He coldly adds.

"You all right?" Liv asks me as she sits down. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" "Oh, you know. That game was pretty tense." "No, don't worry about it." I smile at her. "Pizza arrived." Luca says popping his head up from the corner.

We walk into the kitchen and there are a lot of pizza boxes in the counter. I open the pepperoni box and take out a piece. "Ahh, for me." Liam comes up behind me, taking a bit from my pizza, "Thank you." "Don't flatter yourself." I scoff.

He takes the pizza from my hand and leans against the counter smirking. Loser.

The rest of the night was pretty chill, we listened to some music and ate, a lot. When we got back to the dorms, I get ready and go to bed immediately. I'm exhausted.

Next morning, I woke up early again so I decided to go on a run. I ran a pretty way through the woods and when I get back to campus, I see Luna so I go up to her. Then I see Liam coming around the corner. Never mind.

"Noa! Hey, Noa!" Luna yells. Shit. I turn around and walk up to them. "Oh, hey." I smile. "You're all sweaty." She laughs. "Yeah, I took a run." I say turning to look at Liam.

He smirks at me and puts his arm around Luna. What the hell? "Sophie! I'll be right back." Luna says running over to her friend.

"What are you doing?" I ask looking up to Liam. "What do you mean?" He responds. He's enjoying this. Amazing. "What are you doing with Luna?" "Nothing." "Don't be like this."

"Like what?" He asks. "Acting like a douchebag. Leave the girl alone, okay?" "And you?" "Same." He chuckles and moves his mouth against my ear. "Don't see that happening, love." He gets back up and looks at me. "Just leave her alone."

"Okay. But only on one condition." Oh here we go. "And that is?" I ask sighing. "A date. You and me." "You honestly don't stop, do you?" "No. So?" "No, thanks." I answer.

"Okay. Lun-" "Okay, okay, wait." I say cutting him off. "One date. 30 minutes, that's all you get." I tell him walking away. "I'll pick you up at 8:30." I turn around and see him smirking. Great.

I walk up to my dorm and open the door. What I see next is not what I was expecting. At all. "Oh, my god. Uhh.. I.." I try to say something but just nothing came out. Before I knew it I shut the door again.

Olivia was inside, with my brother. Yeah I'm traumatized. I decide to just go get some breakfast. Not sure if I can get something in but whatever.

When I walk around the corner into the cafeteria, someone bumps up to me. "Oh, I'm so sorry-" He apologizes, "Noa?" He says and I look up. "Ethan, hey!" I smile.

"Haven't seen you in a while." "No, that's right." I smile awkwardly. To be honest, I totally forgot about this guy. Oops. "How are you?" I ask him. "Yeah good, what about you?" "Well, I just saw my best friend making out with my brother. But otherwise I'm fine." I respond as we laugh.

It's later at night and I'm getting ready for the date. I'm not up for this at all. I can't stand that he got what he wanted. But I really want him to leave Luna alone. She deserves better.

I walk out of campus and see Liam standing against his car. "Are you ready for the most boring 21 minutes of your life?" I ask walking up to him. "25." He responds. "It's nine past 8:30 pm." "I've been waiting here for 4 minutes." He says smirking.

"You look gorgeous, love." "Thanks. Where you taking me?" "You'll see." I sigh and walk over to the passenger door.

But before I could open it, Liam's opening it for me. "Such a gentleman, huh?" I sarcastically say. We drove for about 15 minutes until we're at some kind of bridge.

I can't lie, the view from here is beautiful. "Beautiful place." I say looking at the view. "I know." He smiles when I look at him.

"Is there something you do want to know?" He asks me. I stay quiet for a second, "I don't have any interest in you, whatsoever." I respond. "Then why are you here?" "Because you forced me to." He chuckles.

"But anyways. I'm here to tell you that I'm not interested in you." I tell him. "Why not?" "Because, you're selfish. And control everything. You manipulate people to get what you want. You act superior, distant, cold. And you're selfish."

"You already mentioned selfish." He smirks. Why was he enjoying this? "At school when you told Luna that she was worthless.. How could you say something like that?" I genuinely ask him. "I didn't want her to start having feelings for me." He says, shrugging his shoulders.

"And there's no other way to get that message across? Without hurting her?" I ask and he chuckles again, "How can you let someone know that their feelings aren't reciprocated without hurting that person? That was the only way to fully get the message across."

I shake my head, "Okay, and you destroying her self-image, that's acceptable?" "Do you really think it works like that? That you can destroy someone's self-image with just one sentence? Just to be clear, it was Luna who came up to me, she wanted to kiss me. I never led her on and I never promised her anything. Period."

"But you," He continues, "You felt the need to humiliate me in front of the whole school. Are you okay with that?" How is he blaming me? It's not like he didn't deserve it.

"Or does that suddenly make you the good guy in this story? The good guy who's also standing here right now. Behind her friend's back." He's not totally wrong, but I won't tell him that.

I sigh, "You did the right thing by apologizing to her." I say, trying to avoid the things he just said. "Did I?" He asks and I nod. "I hope you're right. Because now she's fully into me again. And I'm not into her."

[...]