Wattpad Original
There are 26 more free parts

Ch. 13: You're in love with my fiancée, brother.

We both rush towards the window, seeing nothing beyond the large Oak trees.

"Torin was right," I say. "This was a planned attack."

"Bastards," seethes Fiona, squinting to further her view.

Eva and Nicole approach. "Can you see anything?"

"Not really."

More shots fire, making all four of us jump.

"Eva—call your dad," orders Fiona.

"Fi—"

"I know you hate asking for his help, but we're greatly outnumbered."

Eva grinds her teeth, pulling out her phone. I understand her hesitation, but Fiona is right. Finn Gallagher would send an entire army if it meant keeping his daughter safe.

"Alright, let's keep away from any windows," I shout, heading towards the centre of the foyer.

Most follow with the expectation of Tilly who lingers by the large bay window. I quickly double back on myself and just as I place my hand on her shoulder to pull her back, the window shatters. I practically drag her to the ground and blanket her body with my own, protecting my eyes as glass rains down on us. I can hear Fiona yell, but I don't dare look up for fear of injuring myself. Tilly trembles beneath me, but I don't let up. We're exposed and if we stand up now, there's a good change both of us will have our heads blown off.

"Tilly!"

I move her body to the edge of the room, away from any windows. Her eyes are wide with panic.

"Keep down," I tell her, gesturing with my hands.

She nods and—with shaking hands—crawls towards safety. I follow closely behind and eventually reach Fiona, her expression serious.

"You almost got your head blown off, babe!"

"Yeah, I know!"

She pulls me behind a beam and thrusts a gun in my hand.

"We've got to keep Shane's men out!" she yells, chancing a look back at the broken window. "If they get in, it's game over!"

I check my ammunition and nod, agreeing wholeheartedly.

"Fuck—you're bleeding," she announces, lightly touching my cheek.

"Is it bad?" I ask, body too overrun with adrenaline to register pain right now.

"Just a scratch," she says.

I must've cut it on a shard of glass.

"I'll deal with it later."

Shouts can be heard from outside the house, pulling both mine and Fiona's attention towards our right. They grow increasingly louder and just as I angle my weapon towards the exposed window, Bite's bloodied face comes into view.

"Imogen?"

Fuck!

I yank on his arm and pull him behind the beam before he's shot.

"What's going on?"

"Our own bullet shot the window."

Fiona and I exchange looks.

"You dipshit!"

"Did we hurt anyone?"

"You almost blew my fucking head off!" I counter.

Fiona intervenes, thankfully here to mediate my conversation with Bite.

"What's going on out there?"

"Boss was right. Murphy sent his men to attack."