Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Ch. 35: I tried asking nicely.

I stare Aidan down, unprepared to submit to his ridiculous terms.

"The last I checked, you don't control me," I state, attempting to move past him.

He blocks my path and grabs my elbow, twisting it in such a way that prevents me from leaving. "If you step outside this house, you're as good as dead."

"What do you care?" I snarl, physically squaring up to him.

I'm suddenly reminded of the day I found him torturing poor, defenceless animals. He has the same, menacing look in his eyes. A look that undoubtedly says I'll hurt you and enjoy doing it.

"I care about my unborn child."

"What unborn child?" I shriek. "You haven't even touched me!"

"Yet."

Louisa gasps from behind me.

"We can change that," suggests Aidan, smirking. "I can fuck you tonight if that's what you want, Imogen."

I'm suddenly propelled forward, Aidan's rock-hard chest pressed against mine. His hold is strong and sturdy; nowhere near as safe as Torin's. His green eyes shimmer, a mixture of mischief and power.

"Let her go," orders Louisa.

Aidan ignores his mother's request.

"Let her go, Aidan."

His gaze briefly lifts to hers, smile broadening. "Or what?"

She slowly stalks forward and—with the expression of a loving mother—digs her nails into his bandaged stomach. He recoils in an instant, wound protesting.

"What the fuck?"

"I tried asking nicely," she insists, standing tall.

Blood pours from his—now—open stitches, causing his breath to rush out in ungraceful puffs.

"Lorenzo—Aidan needs to go to the hospital," she claims, sounding awfully distressed. "His stitches appear to have opened."

"You're a fucking bitch," sneers Aidan.

"A bitch who is not above putting you over my knee if you ever take that tone with me again."

I swear I see the man nicknamed The Snake cower in fear for a brief second.

"Apologise to Imogen before you go."

With that, she walks away, unable to stomach the sight of her son much longer. I try my hardest to disguise my smug smirk but in the end, I can't help it. I fucking love seeing Aidan O'Neil put in his place.

"Sorry, princess," he announces, licking his lips. "It seems my mother does not approve of my methods of persuasion."

"Might wanna work on that," I suggest. "It doesn't fly with me either."

"Would you rather I be a gentleman and take your pretty little cunt gently?"

His words—although vile—do not have the desired effect on me.

"Do you kiss Michael with that mouth?" I ask.

His confident smirk drops

"Or Xavier?"

I don't stick around for his answer. I don't require one anyway. I simply said what I said as a warning. A promise. I know things and I'm not above using his relationships to manipulate the situation to get what I want.

***

I decide to wait until Aidan is taken to the hospital by Carlos—one of Frank's guards—before leaving. I quickly kiss Maeve and katalina on the head and squeeze them into a tight hug, promising them I'll be back soon. It's been well over an hour and I'm itching to leave. I have utmost confidence in Torin, but that doesn't mean I'm not fucking terrified. That doesn't mean I'm not worried sick about him. Combined, the families are more than capable of pulling off this rescue mission, but Shane's power is not to be underestimated. Just about anything could happen.