Forks, Two Weeks Later

Edward was gone for a week or so now. Alice was sure he was returning, but the others were tentative since Alice's visions were subjective. Everyday school was a bore, the same redundant content I had learned previously, at Miss Robichaux's Academy and the school on the rez. Without Edward entertaining me in class, I mostly sleepwalked through the day, except for the classes I had with Isabella Swan.

Other than Edward's disgusting vampire fascination with her, Isabella had also sparked my interest as well. Her peculiar skill of deflecting my powers was fascinating. I only had a few classes with her, Biology and Spanish, but I already spotted a few complications in both those classes. In Biology, it was an all-clear if Edward were to never return, but that's just wishful thinking, and Edward was going to return. However, in Spanish, this one girl wouldn't leave Isabella alone. Jessica Stenley, a total chatterbox, I wondered if she stopped talking even for a moment her brain would explode. It was evident Isabella also thought the same thing because she looked insanely uncomfortable.

"Bella, cuántos años tiene?"

"Umm, Pardon?"

We were now sitting in Spanish, the familiar classroom, the imperishable rain hitting the tin roof creating pitter-patter sounds that filled every silence, especially this one since Isabella Swan had no idea what Mrs Goff had just asked her. As the silence dragged on, I realized this was my chance.

"She asked you how old you are"

I quickly leaned forward, since I wasn't sitting next to her but rather behind her directly. The spaces between each row were quite narrow, therefore my movement to aid Isbella's answer wasn't too noticeable.

"Oh, uh cinco?"

The class broke into hysterics, as Isbella answered in her broken Spanish. I was sure that "Cinco" was the only word she knew other than Hola and Adios. Isbella's cheeks turned bright red alongside her neck, and she subconsciously bobbed down her head to try and hide it in the neck of her sweater, which was not a success.

"You are five years old?" Asked Mrs Goff, raising an eyebrow, clearly disappointed.

"Correct" was all Isabella could muster up before the bell ranged, saved by the bell, how cliche.

I got up my seat and got ready to go the lunch, just as I walked out of the door into the bustling hallway, someone tapped my shoulder. Disturbed, I turned back only to find my one target all along.

"Thanks for earlier"

"Oh no problem, it's Isabella right?"