I meant to sleep in, but the unusual brightness woke me

When I finally opened my eyes, I saw a clear yellow light streaming through the giant glass panels on the side of my room. It was unbelievable. Today none of my family members would be able to step one foot outside the house. Sure enough, this excessive amount of sunlight in Forks reminded me of where I was meant to be today, La Push Beach. The sun felt out of place in the sky, too low, and it didn't seem to be as close as it should be. Clouds ringed the horizon, but a large patch of blue was visible in the middle. I dreaded sunny days just as much as my adopted siblings, I burn easily.

I put on some sporting gear and a bright windbreaker, I didn't bother with any swimming gear, although it was sunny, the temperature in Forks never rose above twenty-something degrees. I combed my platinum locks into place and put on some light makeup for today's occasion. I don't even know if I should show up for today, after the series of events that have occurred, surely nobody would even have remembered I was invited right? Maybe Bella would, but she was the last person I wanted to see right now. I had nothing to say to her, how about "Edward is in love with you and you are a burden to our family", that thought made me chuckle.

I was just heading out the door when I heard a faint sound, it was like someone's back had accidentally made contact with a door, I knew for sure someone was sneaking up on me. I had become quite sensitive to those sounds after living in such a reticent environment.

"Heading out?"

I turned to see Rosalie, standing elegantly on the top of the staircase, her hand trailing up and down the railings as she maintained overly suspicious eye contact with me, as if trying to catch me in an act.

"Yes, I'm meeting some people to go down the beach," I said nervously, subconsciously straightening my back, trying to look more sincere. How would Rosalie react if I had told her the truth? Who I'm going with, and where I was going? Hell, I don't even know how I'm going to react on this trip.

"Relax, Edward told me about your little outing, I'm here to give you a ride."

The Newton's Olympic Outfitters store was just north of town. I was familiar with the store, the Cullen's often visited it for... hunting purposes. As Rosalie pulled up in her glossy, scarlet BMW convertible, I saw Bella's hideous Chevy, I cringed again as if seeing for the first time 5 years ago when I was leaving the rez. The only other car I recognized was Tyler's Sentra, but nobody's car measured up to the flamboyant piece Rosalie had, and we had captured the attention of the group in front of the store.

"Be safe, and take a long shower when you're back, to get rid of the... wet dog smell down there," Rosalie said as I stepped out of the car. I flashed her a small chuckle as I heard the inside joke.