Cullen Mansion, Forks, WA

"Carlisle? Edward?" 

I yelled as I burst into the large white foyer of the Cullen mansion, I wasn't sure what to expect, well the lights were on, at least that was a good sign. I knew immediately that everyone was home, I could hear all of their mental activity, and their anxious thought were bombarding my brain. Instantly, I knew something was wrong because I heard a voice I didn't recognize. I stormed through the front door, my black velvet heels clicking on the white marble floor. When I turned into the living room, everyone was on their feet, however, in the middle of the circle, I saw a face I'd never seen before. He was a vampire, that's for sure, they all have the same pallid face and motionless figure, I still had to admit he was more handsome than average. He was tall, with glossy black hair, and had deep crimson eyes with an eerie undertone, then I knew that he was not one of us. 

"You're one of them, aren't you? You're hunting the wrong animals!" 

I yelled in fury as I remembered what his other associates did to Sam. My mind went black as all I could see before my eyes was a shattered calve, completely oozing with puss and blood, bones sticking out of it, and the tormented scream Sam let out. Before I became aware of what I was doing, all the lights in the house were flickering frantically causing a bad case of epilepsy for all of us. 

Claire, calm down, he's not with them anymore 

There was only one voice who could bring me back from such a disheveled state, and that was the cool, sedative voice of Edward, parroting inside my head. When I finally became conscious, I saw that Esme had wrapped her arms over my shoulders in an attempt to calm me. Everyone had the same look of vexation and behind a queasy Edward, was a frail-looking Bella Swan. 

"Can anyone tell me what's going on? And why is Bella here? This is extremely dangerous." 

 "A witch, your coven continues to surprise me, Carlisle." the mischievous man said ominously. 

"I'm not talking to you." I squinted my eyes and hissed at him. He cringed back, but I could tell he was not afraid, he was more scared of something else. What could be scarier than an angry woman? 

I need to get out of the way, James can't think I've chosen another side. The last thing I need is him looking for me afterward. He will never stop hunting that girl, perhaps I could just disappear for a couple of centuries...

His thoughts, his mentioning of the abomination that is James, and the girl, I pondered this freakish man's thoughts over and over, what can he possibly mean by a hunt? Then it all clicked. They were all here for Bella. 

Edward began explaining everything, how he brought Bella to the baseball game, how James and his coven had discovered them, and how all was well until a sweep of wind had exposed Bella's scent to James. How James would stop at nothing to hunt down Bella, and how this Laurent was supposedly here to make peace and amends for James's actions. Although I don't buy that part for a second.