Standing next to you

Rachel's pov ~~

" Have you packed everything?? "

" Humm !!"

I was packing my bag when jerry came to my room with some boxes in her hand.

" What is that ?"

" Some snacks for your tour "

She's really the best , she knows me better . I have to go on a four day trip for some author's meeting. I love reading novels and that's why I decided to choose it as my career as well.
I booked a cab , Jerry helped me with my luggage.

" I'll miss you "

She pouted, I hugged her knowing damn well that I'll miss her too but more than that I'll be worried for her.

" I'll miss you too. And yes don't forget to lock the door okay !! And if someone knocks, first check who it is before opening the door, do not open if a stranger is standing outside the door. If anything happens call me right away....understood !! "

" Yes Mom !! Now go or you will miss your flight..bye and call me when you reach your hotel ... "

" I will ...bye, take care and don't forget what I told you okay !! "

" Yes ma'am !!!! "

Viradya's pov ~~

I wasn't feeling very well , so I took a sick leave. Without Rachel, I'm really having a hard time alone. I was craving for something spicy so I went to convinient store .
I was on my way back to home when a man stopped me.
He looked at me then to a picture he was holding and again back to me. I looked at him in confusion

" Who are you ? "

He asked me in a weird tone !!

" That should be my question , who are you ?"

Suddenly he took out a knife and pointed towards me.

" Now tell me , who you really are and how do you know him ??"

whom he is talking about ?
He is really a creep , his creepy smirk , his red eyes were so scary plus he was holding a knife!
I was about to kick he's ass , then I heard another man's voice.

" Dare to even lay a finger on her and you will beg for death "

I looked in their direction, there were lots of men coming towards us , they were looking like mafia mens with those black suits on
The same man stood inbetween me and that creepy man.
Everyone took out their guns and pointed towards him , I stopped breathing for few seconds on the scene.
They are really a Mafia !!!

" Are you okay ?? "

He turned around and asked me in a worried tone. I looked at him , wait, It's HIM !!! The same man I met in the alleyway a few days ago.
He again asked me, this time I nodded my head , he left a sigh and again looked back to his men.

" Take care of him !!"

His tone changed from soft to cold as ice.
He grabbed my hand , his eyes softened.

" Let's go !!"

" Where ?"

I don't know what is happening, my mind wasn't working I don't know why but I followed him. There was something about him which made me feel safe.

" Are you okay chipmunk ?? "

" Humm !! "

I simply nodded, he smiled in relief.

" Who was he ?? "

I asked him.

" Him.... He's my enemy's man"

" What ??? E..enemy ?? "

" Don't be scared chipmunk , I'll not let anyone harm you "

What ?? Chipmunk ?? Why he's calling me that?

" by the way , I'm Ambrose Rochefort ..... chipmunk "

" My name is not chipmunk, so don't you dare to call me that "

I warned him but instead he smiled at me !!

" Okay ! Let me drop you, chipmunk  "

I looked at him in disbelief.

" No thanks , I can go by myself "

" Just come with me , what will you do if that man again comes at you with his knife !! "

" What ?? "

Is he trying to scare me ?? I got goosebumps thinking about that man. I cleared my throat. He opened the car door , I hopped inside his car.

On the ride , I slept because of exhaustion. He was waiting in his car for me to wake up. When I woke up , my heart skipped a beat.
Why is he smiling at me like that ?? I thought in my mind.

" You are up !! "

I looked around and we were outside my house.

" You should have awakened me "

" How dare I , when my chipmunk is sleeping so beautifully?? "

" Will you stop calling me with that stupid name ?? My name is Viradya, not chipmunk !! "

" I know your name, chipmunk... I know everything about you "

" Huh ?? How....do you know ?? "

" Finding out about the women I love is not a big deal for me "

" What ???? "

" Take care chipmunk !! "

He smiled like a cute puppy and drove away.

A/n pov : With her, Ambrose forgets that he's the most dangerous mafia. Showing his cutest side to her that no one knows.

Hope you liked it.... See you in the next chapter ....oh !! And Don't forget to comment !!!