.2 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝.

Standing in a circle was Adelaide. Along with lots of other kids including Annabeth and Luke.

"The oracle has confirmed what we expected, that this quest will proceed toward the underworld, where you will confront the god who has rebelled against his brothers. Hades." Chiron carefully explained.

Adelaide has been wanting to go on this quest for years. She wasn't sure if she would get picked so the anxiety really bubbled up. Was she even ready for what was to come? She's been training for this day mentally and physically so she should be good to go. If Percy didn't choose her then what was the point? All these thoughts swirled around her head until a whispering voice broke it.

"I can hear you overthinking, flower girl. It's fine. You're gonna be okay." Annabeth whispered to her, using a nickname that was quite annoying to the daughter of Persephone.

"Okay" Adelaide whispered back

"The entrance to Hade's domain lies under the city of Los Angeles. This is where you will journey to. Time is short. I have selected our most compelling candidates,from which you will choose 3 to join you on this quest and ensure that we succeed-"

"Adelaide." 

It went silent.

Both stared at eachother until it was broken.

"Customarily, one waits to at least hear a name or two before choosing. Are you sure you don't wanna hear more?" Chiron asked

"This thing. Zeus' master bolt. We need to get it back right?"

"Yes"

"And it's gonna be hard to get, yes?"

"Extraordinarily"

"Well if the quest is super difficult, you'd want someone who's always 6 steps ahead." Percy stated

"I choose Adelaide."

"The first quest-mate shall be Adelaide Armani!" Chiron exclaimed so everyone could hear.

Adelaide simply smiled at the boy and Chiron nodded to her, signaling for her to go and pack her belongings.

While packing her things for the journey ahead, Luke came and walked into her cabin.

"Did you get picked?" Adelaide asked hopeful.

"No but it's alright." Luke responded

"Then who did"

"Annabeth. And Grover."

"Oh good this might not be so bad." Adelaide said, taking a deep breath in and out.

"Adelaide Look, I know you're nervous but it's okay. This is what you've been wanting and you got it."

"I know it is but I'm going outside of camp half-blood. You know what that means Luke. You know what could happen to me."

There was a silence.

"It's my 13th year" She said with a sigh.

"I understand how you feel and how this is far more dangerous for you but I trust that Percy, Annabeth and Grover are going to have your back as long as you have theirs."Luke reassured the younger girl.

"Just like I have yours. You're going to do great and remember, I'm always on your side." The dark haired boy said and brought his little sister in for a hug.

● ⋆ ❀ ⚔︎ ❤︎ ⋆ ●

Adelaide stood in front of a tree. Staring at it. She said nothing. She thought nothing. Just simply rested her hand against it. Annabeth stood behind her. "Come on Alondra. Let's go." She turned to Annabeth and walked side by side with her toward the two boys. Annabeth's hand resting on her best friend's back.