.3 𝙿𝚘𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍

All three of the Demigods and Saytr were on the train only 2 of them dead asleep. Grover was top bunk, Annabeth was bottom, Adelaide was on the floor, and Percy next to her. Adelaide tried to fall asleep, her eyes shut. She just kept tossing and turning, all she wanted was a little sleep, gods!

Grover was snoring lightly, and the train horns were also lightly heard. Percy sighed, debating if he should have a conversation with Adelaide.

"Hey, you asleep?" Percy asked her, staring at the ceiling.

"Yes." Adelaide responded. She wished she were asleep.

"You and Thalia were really close right?" Percy asked the girl.

"I mean yeah I guess" she whispered back to him.

"What was she like?"

"Why?"

"She was the last forbidden kid before me, right? She must've dealt with the same kind of stuff."

"She was..tough. I mean, she knew she was a forbidden kid, she just didn't care. When they found me, both cared for me. I mean I was a child. Thalia was hesitant. She wanted to make me earn it, but I really didn't care. I knew she would have to give in sooner or later, and she did."

"Is that why you sometimes give me a hard time? I gotta earn it with you too?"

"I don't know Percy. Maybe." Adelaide sighed, not actually knowing.

"I've gotta say it doesn't make a lot of sense to me."

"What doesn't make sense?"

"The way you guys all talk." Percy said and turned his body to face the girl.

"The way the gods want us to think. Gotta burn an offering to get a parent's attention. Gotta beat up on Clarisse just to get my father to admit he's my father. It isn't supposed to work that way. People who are close to you aren't supposed to treat you that way."

"You wanna know how I ended up alone in the first place? My father wasn't always the best. I'd like to think that he loved me, Loved having me as a daughter,But I would just be delusional. There were times where it seemed like he cared for me...and times where it was the Total opposite."

Percy just looked at the girl that was staring at the ceiling. He really wanted to know more about her. He admired the way she opened up to him and treated him well. Yea they met like last Weekend but that's not the point. He watched the girl as she continued.

"He met another woman and they had their own kids. I wasn't anything to her. I didn't mean anything to her. According to her I was a problem. My dad took her side and it felt like my world was falling apart. So I left. I was six and a half. It isn't the gods who think that way. It's everybody. But at least with the gods you know the rules. Show them respect and they'll be in your corner no matter what."

Grover whined in his sleep tossing and turning.

"I'm glad you opened up to me about that." Percy told her. Adelaide turned her body to face him.

Grover groaned and whined more, tossing and turning again.

"You awake?" Percy asks him.

"Well I am now, thanks." Grover responded.

"Are you okay?"

"He gets really grouchy when he doesn't get enough sleep." Adelaide whispered to Percy trying to make sure Grover didn't hear.

"He's really grouchy when he doesn't get enough..NAH." Grover said mimicking Adelaide.

"Wow" Percy whispers