7

"I just imprinted!" Jared says as he happily skipps over to the table I'm sitting at. We had made up again a few days ago and he was completely and utterly sorry. The patrol's have also gotten better and he had actually managed to get them right and didn't screw things up even once.
"On who?" I ask him and he nervously scratches his neck as he sits down facing me. I narrow my eyes questioningly.
"Kim" he says and my eyes go wide.
"You mean in, my Kim? Kim, in my best friend Kim? Kim in-"
"Yes, god damn it. Your best friend Kim and don't you dare call her 'your Kim' one more time" he says a bit angrily and I chuckle as I lean back and bite into my apple.
"Welcome to the world of Imprints" I say and he realxes a bit before he chuckles.
"Now I get why Paul has you whipped around his finger like that. Shit's intense" he says and I smile at him.
"Right? But it's the best thing ever. Though, I'm not allowed to talk to Paul or Kim. You need to talk to Sam first"
He looks at me a bit sadly. "You think he's going to let me talk to her?"
I smile at him. "Of course he will. He can't keep you two away from eachother forever. You will get together eventually"
"What about you and Paul though?"
I sigh as I try not to look over at him. I can feel him staring at me and it takes hell of a lot of self control to not walk over there and hug him right here and now.
"That's different. Sam wants to wait for Paul to shift first since he'll probably shift soon. Sam expects him to join the pack in a few weeks if not even less. Have you seen the outburts he had in the hallway yesterday?"
"Yeah. He's definitely close. I mean, Paul beats up a few people sometimes but I've never seen him so angry like yesterday when he beat Alex up. I look at him confused. "You don't know. Apperently Alex slut shamed you and Paul heard it. Threw a good punch"
He gestures over to another table and I'm shocked to see Alex there with a broken nose. I smile a bit before my eyes immediately find Paul's. He softens a bit as I smile at him sheeplessly.
I mouth a "thank you" and he nods at me shortly before turning away again.
"Why did he do that?" I ask and Jared starts laughing quietly.
"God, you're so oblivious. That guy is so fucking into you, it's pathetic. I've watched him have a thing for you since I've been able to think"
"Not a very long time though, right?" I ask him grinninly and he looks at me annoyed.
"Who did you beat up by the way?" I ask and he shrugs before leaning back into his chair.
"Doesn't matter"
"Yes, it does"
"No, it doesn't"
"Yes, it does"
"No, it' doesn't"
"Yes. It. Does" I say mockingly and he groans.
"Okay. Well... I sort of lashed out on James"
My eyes grow wide. "You did what?"
"He was starting rumours about you and I couldn't have it anylonger when he started talking about how you apperently treated him in your relationship and apperently cheated with me and Paul on him before you left him"
I take a deep breath. "What the actual fuck? That's not what happened" I say and Jared shrugs.
"That's why I did it" he says.
"You didn't have to do that, you know?"
We both smile at eachother.
"I know. And I'd do it again. Without a doubt"

...

"You can talk to Kim" Sam says and a huge smile forms on Jared's face while I clench my jaw.
"What?" I ask loudly, causing both of them to look at me. "How come he gets to talk to his imprint and I don't?"
Sam sighs. "Alia, it's not the same. Paul is probably going to shift soon and I don't want him worrying about it"
I scoff. "So you physically pain me but it's okay for Jared to put Kim into all of this?"
"Alia, enough" Sam says and I clench my jaw. "You know that it's not the same for them as for you and Paul"
"It's not fucking fair!" I say loudly before storming outside. 
"Alia!" they both call out for me but I don't listen. Instead I start roaming around the forest until I finally arrive at the beach. I quickly make sure that no one's actually here before sitting down on a log further back. I burry my head in my hands. 

It's so fucking unfair that Jared gets to talk to Kim about all of this and I can't even look at Paul. It would make so much more sense if I could talk to Paul about it and let him know what'll happen but no, Sam thinks it's better to tell an ordinary person than someone who'll fucking run along the forest with us. 
"You okay?" I hear Paul ask and my head immediately shoots up, meeting his eyes and every bad feeling in my body vanishes. His chocolate brown eyes are peering down at me with confusion and worry, making me feel bad again. 
I nod. "Yeah"
"Doesn't sound like it" he states and I chuckle angrily. I look towards the sea, watching as the waves hit against the shore loudly. I turn my head as he sits down next to me, making me feel a familiar warmth around my heart. His smell fills my nostrils, making me feel as if I'm drunk and making me incredibly nervous as I notice how close he's sitting to me. Though that nervousness settles nonetheless at the same time as it comes due to him being so close.
"Jared are just... annoying me a bit" I say and he looks at me with an unreadable expression, making me slightely nervous.
"Why are you hanging around Sam so much?" he suddenly blurts out, making me sigh. I was hoping to get at least five minutes without Sam intervening in our relationship but I guess I was wrong. 
"It's difficult" I say as our eyes meet. He looks at me encouragingly. "I have a few problems and Sam's helping me through this because he had the same problems once. Same for Jared"
"Do you want to talk about it? I mean, the problems?" he asks and I quickly shake my head.
"I can't talk about it. I'm not ready to" I say, hoping that he'll understand. The soft expression on his face eases my nerves a bit. We stare at eachother for a few moments until his gaze shifts towards the sea.
"You're confusing me, Alia" he says quietly. My body starts aching for me to hold him, to be near him and comfort him but I can't. Soon, Alia. Soon.
I breathe out. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to" I say. I watch as he seems to gather all the courage he has in his heart to talk to me about something.
"Alia, do you even really like me? Because I- I do like you. I like you very much infact and I- I just don't want to get the wrong idea of you. Sometimes you make me feel like your whole world revolves around me and other times you make me think I don't even exist in that head of yours. I just want to know the thruth" he says with a serious expression, making my eyes widen a bit at his honesty. 
"You like me?" I ask a bit shocked. Of course I knew that, I knew that a long time ago already but hearing it out of his mouth is like music to my ears. Like a little lullaby I could listen to for hours on end. 
He chuckles nervously. "Wasn't that kind of obvious?" he asks amused, making me chuckle too.
"Sort of, yeah" I say before taking a deep breath. "Paul, I- I do like you too. And I think I have for a while but I just didn't want to realize it. You're such a nice guy and I've just been to blind to see it earlier. It pains me that I hadn't realized when we still had the chance to make the best out of it" I say, trailing off a bit at the end.
"What do you mean?" he asks a bit confused.
"Right now, is not the time for us to start something. I really do like you, more than you can imagine but I have to work on myself first until we're able to start things. I don't expect you to wait for me, that would be selfish but I hope you do" I say.
He stares at me a bit dumbfounded. "So the problem isn't that you don't like me back, the problems is that you don't think it's the right time?" 
I nod.
"How much time are we talking about here?" he asks and I swallow, scared of his reaction.
"A few months tops. Probably less though. I don't expect you to wait or something. You can go and have fun with other girls. That's fine by me" I say before scrunching my face in annoyance. "Yeah, it's not fine by me. The thought of you with other girls kills me"
We sit there in silence for a long time until he finally speaks up.
"I'll wait for you" he says quietly, making me stare at him with wide-eyes as a smile creeps it's way to my face.
"Really?" I ask him, completely startled by his reaction.
"Yeah, I've been waiting for this moment since I've been a child. I think I can endure a few more weeks" he says jokingly, making the both of us laugh. "Please, just tell me if you change your mind"
I look at him with a serious expression. "I could never" I breathe out.
His face turns to look at me with slightely parted lips. We stare at eachother for what feels like forever as I take in every little detail of his face. His short hair laying his forehead while a few hairs are sticking into every direction. His eyes are sparkling and looking at me with an unreadable emotion, making me feel the desire to know every little thought in his head. I want to know everything about Paul Lahote. All of his fears, desires, wishes, ... everything. 
His dimples start showing as he slowly starts smiling, making my knees go weak. A breath gets caught in my throat as he leans forward a bit.
"Alia," he breathes out, not taking his eyes off of mine for even a second. Without even thinking, my body closes the distance between us and my lips brush against his. His body tenses for a second before he relaxes and puts a hand onto mine. A spark ignites in my hand before traveling through my whole body, making me wonder if he was able to feel that too. His lips start moving, leaving me no time to react with my mind before my body's already done that, mine moving in sync with his. They're moving against eachother as if they're made for eachother.

As if we're made for eachother.

A painful feeling and a spark of rejection forms in my chest as he slowly pulls back, making me feel a kind of emptiness. I stare at him as the beautiful pink tint forms on his face again, making me smile through the pain.
"I hope you figure it out soon" he says with a hint of sadness in his voice as he smiles at me weakly.
"Me too" I say before taking every ounce of strength in my body to get up. I slowly get up before starting to walk towards the forest. Paul doesn't turn around. He doesn't even look at me, not acknowledging me leaving as I try to fight the urge of the wolf in me to turn around and kiss him again. To shower him in affection and show him how important he is to me. How much I actually need him.
"Paul," I breathe out, turning around once again as he remains seated, looking at the sea infront of him. "It might doesn't seem like it sometimes, but you really are everything to me and I hope I'll be able to show you that soon"
I hear his heart beating faster at the same time my words leave my mouth but he still doesn't move. I sigh before turning for good and running back into the woods.

A/N

Long time no see, I know. I'm sorry. As you all know, I already have a huge story with Paul that is called bound to be, I'm also writing one with Embry and Jared right now. Let me know if you're interested for them to be posted.

Also another Paul one, lmao.

-Love,X