10

My face is hard and serious as I drive into the parking lot. Today's only half a day of school because of my final paper. We'll have to hand them in by the end of the month and I haven't done a single thing. Well, I have the introduction written but the rest is still empty. I just don't find the fucking time for it. Sam always wants me somewhere and ever since Paul shifted, I wasn't allowed on patrol at the same time as him, not allowed near him and not allowed at Emily's place. 
Sam thinks we're going to risk his and the pack's safety if we let Paul imprint in his first days as a wolf and that he has to accommodate now. He has to become aware of his surroundings and fully be able to focus on his pack duties. 
It hurt me to know that he shifted. Especially when I got the call one hour after I practically threw him out of the house. I fucking had him shift because I hurt him so much. He could've had a few more days as a normal teenager and I fucked that up for him. I've been feeling so guilty lately that I wasn't even able to eat the past few days, which resulted in me loosing a few pounds. Neither my dad or Sam were happy to see that and Sam reassured me that Paul is doing fine. 

So, now I'm standing here, a place I haven't seen the past week because Paul had to go to school and I was too weak and too busy to attend. I sigh before I open the door and step outside. I swing my backpack over my shoulder, pulling my skirt back down. My top is sitting perfectly, showing my boobs nicely but not too much. I even did my makeup today, feeling like it's finally time again. 
I lock my car and start walking towards the school. A few eyes land on me, everyone whispering about me behind my back. My jaw tightens as I hear somebody say what a whore I am for sleeping with Jared and then with Paul. I never did that, obviously, but James made everyone think I did. He told the whole school "what happened" and now I get dirty looks wherever I go.
I feel a pair of eyes on me, making me feel anxious as I know exactly whose eyes these are. Paul's. 
I fight against every single strain in my body, not looking at him and Jared before I move into the school. Inside it's even worse for me because their words bounce off of the walls and crash against my ears with even more force, making me unable to not hear them. 
"She's such a whore" I hear a girl say, catching my attention. I look to my right, seeing her standing there next to James and his friends, Jame's grinning at me. 
"Sorry?" I ask her with an annoyed smile.
"You heard me" she says with a grin, moving her arm around James' waist.
I cross my arms over my chest, a few students stopping to witness what's about to happen or not.
"Okay, then, why am I a whore?" I ask her.
She chuckles viciously. "Easy, no? What you did to James was just awful and as if it wasn't enough to cheat on him with Paul, you had to have Jared too and pull him into your gang shit?" she asks, clearly mocking me.
"Okay, so, I cheated on him just because when he broke up with me I didn't want him back? I didn't know that it's cheating if your boyfriend has already broken up with you because he wants to fuck other girls and you don't want anything to do with you" I state, James looking at me with an clenched jaw.
"Are you implying I'm lying?" he asks angrily
"Even more. I am implying that you have a small dick and can't stand to your own decisions so you try to make my life miserable" I state with a small grin.
"Take that back" he says in a low voice, clearly trying to threaten me. His friends and new girl are watching with shocked and amused eyes. Especially Alex. 
"Or what? Are you going to hit me again?" I ask him, a few gasps being heard around the room.
"I- I never hit you" he says as I stare at him. What did I ever find attractive about him?
"If it makes you sleep better" I say with a shrug before pushing past the group of kids and walking towards my locker. 

I take out my books, stopping when I hear someone say my name.
"Alia, you alright?" Jared asks me, walking over with Kim hand in hand.
"Yeah" I breathe out before closing my locker. "I'm staying for first and second and then I'm going over to Emily. I can't take it today"
"You'll be able to see him soon" Kim says with an encouraging smile.
I sadly smile back at her. "Hope so. See you later" I say before walking to my first class.