17

I squint my eyes as I arrive outside the school, exiting the door and immediately lying eyes onto the huge crowd that has formed beneath the stairs. They're all chanting and screaming something. 
I notice the two people in the middle of the circle that has formed around them, my eyes widening as I notice Embry in the middle, fighting someone. 

Instantly I move, making my way through the crowd. I barge through, shoving everyone aside, stopping as I arrive at the front of the line. Embry's hands are bloody and he looks more enraged than ever. 
"Embry!" I say loudly, him not hearing me though. He continues to bash the kid's face, full of blood and swollen. I drop my backpack and want to walk over.

Someone holds me back though. They hold my arm tightly, making me step back again. I turn around, taking a deep breath as my eyes meet Alex's. 
He shakes his head. "Don't" he says in a guilty tone. 
I draw my hand back in an instant, pushing him back a little and walking over to Embry. 
"Em" I say, wanting to put my arm on his shoulder. He turns around though, pushing me back. 
I stumble back, just catching myself before I fall. I start slightely shaking but refrain myself from lashing out on him. He don't even think he noticed that I had fallen over because of him or that it was even me. He's already on top of the guy again.

I grunt annoyedly before walking over and grabbing him by the hem of his shirt. Wolf-strenght has it's peaks, you know. 
I grab him and yank him back, him instantly turning to punch me too. I do catch his arm with my hand though, redirecting the punch right past my face. 
"Why are you doing this?" he shouts loudly, anger lacing his voice. He starts slightely shaking, making me narrow my eyes. 
Is Embry fucking shifting?

Suddenly I hear the principle's voice ring out through the parkinglot. 
"What's going on here?" he shouts angrily.
Instantly I grab Embry and pull him away from the scene while all students make their way to their cars. 

We get lost in the crowd, me directing him to my car with fast steps. His skin is burning hot and the shaking has yet to set. 
I put him inside the car, ignoring all his questions before getting inside myself and starting the car. 
I dial Sam's number. 
"What's up?" he asks in a sleepy voice. He had been on patrol with Jared last night and they had an encounter with the lovely red-head again. Only the thought of her makes my blood boil. 
I shake it off though, looking at Embry with a worried look. He's very pale, droplets of sweat sticking to his forehead with his hair. 
"It's Embry" I say, hearing ruffeling in the background. 
"What?" he asks, just as I take a right.  "Do you think it's happening?"
"I don't think so. I know so" I state.
"Bring him here" Sam says and I nod. 
"Sure. See you" is all I say before hanging up. I needed to call Jared and Paul too but there's no time for that now. They are going to see sooner or later. 

"What's happening?" Embry asks me but I don't answer, instead concentrating on my way too fast driving. "Alia" he says, grabbing my arm harshly. 
"Take your hand off right now, Call" I say in a threatening voice. He doesn't realize the strength he is about to get and it's already starting to set in. 
That is going to leave a bruise for sure. 
He does as I say, taking it off and huffing angrily. He soon groans though, making me look at him with a little widened eyes.
"It hurts" he winces before looking at me with a frightened look. "What's happening to me, Alia?" he asks a little scared. 
I sigh. "Sam's going to tell you"
His gaze hardens. "I'm not talking to Sam"
"I don't think you have a choice here, Embry" I say calmly and keeping an eye out for him throughout the drive. 

Sam and Jared instantly come outside, helping Embry outside the car. 
"Don't touch me!" he says loudly, pushing the boys off of him. He falls to the ground, catching himself weakly with his arms. 
"Dude, come on..." Jared says, trying to grab onto him but it's no use. Embry pushes him angrily. 
"Leave me alone!" he shouts even louder than before, my eyes widening. 
Sam looks at me with a pleading look.