(7)Crushing

NEW-update sport is now soccer instead of football, letting you know in every chapter and editing them!

Old-Hey lovelies, I've decided to include multiple POVs of the main characters, not just the main two. I'm still not changing it mid chapter though, by the way! I feel like it might get confusing because I, for one, am forgetful and loose who's POV it is. Enjoy!

Silas's POV

Monday 4:00

After the long hour of soccer practice was over, I hurried to check on her. ''She'll get worn out, but she won't tell, you know how stubborn she is,'' My mom told me that morning. When I looked over to the bleachers she was laying across one and a figure stood over her. "Cora?" I called over. The person turned around quickly and stared at me. I recognized her from somewhere but I couldn't remember where. "Are you okay?" I asked ignoring the girl. "Yes, she was just talking to me, no worries." The girl stuck out her hand, "Madeleine Penelope Hayes, Student Council President. I represent the student body at the school and try to get our opinions across," She said explaining her self. My cheeks turned beat red as I shook her hand. Contain yourself, you're captain of the soccer team, you have a reputation to uphold.

"Okay Hayes, we better get going. Have a good day," I said trying to get away quickly. "Okay..."She said with a questioning look. I grabbed Cora and lead her through the bleachers and towards the car. She collapsed against the front seat with a heavy sigh. "Is everything okay?" I feel like I might be overstepping but I just want to know that she's okay. "Yeah, I'm just tired, can we go?" She asked but it was more of a command.

I pulled into the driveway after a long, silent, drive. "Welcome home, dinner is on the way!" My mom shouted from the kitchen. The smell was so good, my mom hasn't home cooked in a while. Cora's face twisted in disgust at the smell of food as she walked into the kitchen. "Cora, I cooked your favorite!" She announced in a sing-song voice.

***Time skip to dinner {Brought to you by writers block, my favorite!}***

Dinner felt unusually warm and comforting after the events at the soccer field. My mom chatted away about her day, blissfully unaware of the encounter with Madeleine and my lingering concern for Cora. The savory aroma of home-cooked food wafted through the air, but I couldn't shake off the unsettling feeling that something more was at play.

Cora picked at her food, her exhaustion evident. I stole glances at her, wondering what she was keeping to herself. Madeleine's presence lingered in my mind, a puzzle piece that didn't quite fit. I mulled over her introduction – Student Council President, trying to get our opinions across. It sounded rehearsed, almost mechanical.

As dinner progressed, my thoughts drifted back to the bleachers. Cora's tired eyes, the way Madeleine seemed to know something more. The silence in the car on the way home echoed the unspoken tension. I glanced at Cora again, her eyes telling a story she wasn't ready to share. Why could Madeleine figure it out and not me, I'm her brother!

Tuesday-12:00-Lunch

I grabbed my lunch and headed towards my usual table. When I saw Madeleine Hayes sitting on her own I did a double take. Student council president—sitting alone, this better be good. I shook my head towards Noah Merrick—Best friend and neighbor since forever. I plopped down in the chair across from her. Not only would it be a little weird to sit directly next to her, I wanted to gaze into her glowing green eyes, dotted with golden flakes. The way they stood out, contrasting against her light brown hair.

"Madeleine Hayes, student council president. Sitting alone I see?" I questioned hoping she wouldn't see through my little plan. "There was a field trip and it's $10.00 to attend, I didn't have it so I didn't go. My crowd is somewhere on a bus right now while I'm stuck eating with some jock who could care less about this school."