Chapter 2

"Maybe you should answer it, Yoongs. Maybe it's all just a big misunderstanding."

Yoongi stared at his phone, laying on the table between him and his best friend, Namjoon, and ringing for the umpteenth time. It was her. She'd been calling nonstop since he'd received the text message.

"What is there to misunderstand, Joon?"

Namjoon sighed. "She's not going to stop calling. You're going to have to talk to her eventually either way. Maybe you should just answer now; rip off the band-aid."

Yoongi shook his head. "I don't even know what I'd say right now."

"I just think – "

Namjoon jumped slightly as his statement was interrupted by his own phone ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket. His eyes widened.

"It's her," he said, showing the screen to Yoongi.

Yoongi scowled. "What a piece of work," he spat bitterly. "Don't answer it."

But Namjoon was already pressing the answer button. He placed the call on speaker.

"Joon?!"

"Hey, Misun."

"Where is he? Is he there with you?"

Namjoon looked up at Yoongi, who frantically shook his head.

"Yeah, he's here." Yoongi shot him a dirty look. "You're on speaker."

"Yoonie," Misun said tearfully. "Let me explain."

But Yoongi simply stood and walked away into the kitchen, where he couldn't hear her voice anymore. Namjoon sighed.

"He's not really in the mood to talk, Misun."

Misun burst into tears. "I didn't mean to – "

"Send that message? Clearly."

"Joon, I – "

"How long has this been going on, Misun?"

There was a pause as Misun attempted to collect herself.

"N-Not long," she said quietly. "I just – "

"Look, I don't know what - if anything - Yoongs will want to say to you. But can I say something?"

Misun didn't reply. She simply waited for him to continue.

"I don't think you're going to be able to salvage this," Namjoon continued. "He's really upset, and has already brought up the fact that you helped him get back on his feet after his last relationship ended with cheating. He's feeling really betrayed, and I don't think he's going to be able to forgive you for this."

A loud sob cut Namjoon off, and he rolled his eyes as he waited for the excuses.

"I-It's not like that," Misun whimpered. "This didn't mean anything. It's – "

"Yoongs is going to stay here with me," Namjoon interrupted. "I'll be in touch tomorrow to arrange a time for us to come by and get his stuff. Please don't call him anymore. He's not going to answer."

"But – "

Namjoon cut the call without another word. He hung his head for a moment in frustration, then stood and made his way into the kitchen. Yoongi was leaning against the counter, arms crossed with an unreadable expression on his face.

"You're staying here with me," Namjoon told him.

Yoongi sighed. "Thanks, Joon."

"Is she working tomorrow?"