Chapter 12

Yoongi Do you think I'll ever find anyone?

Yoongi I mean, everyone I'm with leaves me.

Yoongi What's wrong with me?

Yoongi Am I just hopeless or something? Unlovable?

Yoongi Is it me or them?

Yoongi I try my best, you know? To be a good boyfriend. What else can I do?

Yoongi You're probably busy. Sorry.

Yoongi Full disclosure: I've been drinking.

Yoongi You probably guessed that by now.

Yoongi You're so nice, Han.

Yoongi Why are you so nice to me?

Yoongi was in the middle of writing yet another text when his phone rang, startling him into dropping it. He didn't even look at who was calling before he picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Step away from the whiskey, Yoongles."

Yoongi paused. "Hana?"

"Look, I don't mind that you're texting me, but I just have a feeling you'll regret it once you're sober."

"Why would I regret texting you?"

"You're getting kinda deep. I'm just not sure if you'll feel comfortable having divulged such things to me."

"But I'm comfortable with you."

"Do you think you should just talk to Namjoon, though?"

"He's at work."

"Oh."

There was a pause, then a sigh. "Do you want me to come over, Yoongles?"

Yoongi blinked. "But why?"

"Okay, so that's a 'no'," Hana said with a chuckle.

"No, I don't mean to be rude. I just – "

"It's okay. You just seem like you might want some company. But it may not be a good idea after all. You'll probably just say more you'll wish you hadn't."

"I don't understand why you think I'll regret talking to you."

"You'll understand when you're sober."

Yoongi shook his head. "I don't think I'll regret it. You're nice."

Hana chuckled again. "You're nice, too, Yoongles."

"Han, do you think there's something wrong with me?"

"No," Hana answered immediately. "You're a really great guy, and I think there's something wrong with the girls that take advantage of that."

"You wouldn't do that, would you?"

Hana again paused. "I think that might be my cue to hang up. Why don't you lie down and try to get some rest."

"But – "

"It's okay, Yoongles. I know you don't mean a lot of what you're saying right now. I just want you to quit while you're ahead, okay? And maybe lay off the whiskey for the rest of the day?"

Yoongi sighed. "Okay."

"Good. Call me later if you want, but only after you've sobered up a little."