Chapter 22 // Epiphany

Age 28...

"Now introducing, for the first time as husbands, Mr. and Mr. Russell-Williams!"

An overwhelming amount of applause erupts. The sheer amount of cheers and whistles from the happy crowd of family and friends has the volume of a packed stadium as Vincent stumbles after his new—and over-the-moon—husband.

Vincent should hate this. He should hate the amount of eyes on him even for something as monumental as his wedding day, but for once, he's glad to share the limelight with his better half.

The two are high on love as they continue to nearly trip over one another, their frazzled states displaying how joyful yet unguarded they are in this beautiful moment. Hell, this is the most Vincent has ever let himself loose in public, but he is at his own wedding reception after all, and he has Hayden to blame for his undoubted happiness.

Hayden masterfully charms the audience as the pair continues their advance toward the center of the dance floor. He practically drags Vincent behind him in excitement, but his husband doesn't mind. Vinny finds Hayden's inability to contain himself weirdly endearing and adorable, but Vincent also now understands how important marriage is to his lover.

After all, Hayden would barely let Vincent pick out the reception decor—elegant white centerpieces, gold accents, and lots of greenery donated from Esther's flower shop—because he just wanted everything to be perfect. Again, Vincent doesn't mind, though. He didn't expect Hayden to become a groomzilla, but that's just another thing Vincent found endearing.

Hayden did an amazing job at trying to subtly blend Vincent's culture in with his wedding and reception as well. Honestly, it isn't even something that Vincent asked for, but he is also so grateful for the amount of time Hayden took to research certain customs and truly embrace all Vincent is and where his family comes from. Vincent doesn't know anyone else who would simultaneously hold cocktail hour and a tea ceremony, but Hayden continues to surprise him every day.

Vincent happens to see his wedding party on the edge of the dance floor, and can't help but reveal a bright smile to all of his best friends. He wouldn't be where he is today without each and every one of them, so for today, there are no playful insults, pretending they aren't important to him, or hiding the strength of his emotions; just his pure, unfiltered self that doesn't have to shy away from vulnerability.

"And before you all take your seats, join me in celebrating the newlyweds taking the dance floor for the very first time."

A hush falls across the crowd as a slow, intimate song plays through the speakers, captivating the audience with a simple melody.

Vincent extends his hand to his husband, who looks especially breathtaking in the almost magical lighting. Hayden instantly connects their touch, butterflies rushing through his body when Vincent presses his lips across Hayden's knuckles. The brunette practically giggles in his spot.

Hayden laces their fingers together as his hand moves to drift to Vincent's hip, just like they had practiced in rehearsal. However, that's not what Vincent has in mind.

"Come here," Vincent smirks, abruptly pushing his hands into Hayden's back and causing the man to stumble into him. The little startled face that Hayden pulls causes Vincent to melt as he pushes their bodies flush together and finally gets the closeness he wants to share with his husband.

A pretty smile slips from Hayden's mouth as he wraps his arms around his husband's neck. Hayden plants a small kiss just below Vincent's eye before muttering, "I'm sorry." He knows that Vinny doesn't like public affection, and was just too caught up in the moment.

Vincent lets out a hearty laugh. "Hayden, it's literally our wedding day," Vincent whispers, leading their footsteps as he presses their foreheads together. "I'm not going to be mad if you want to kiss me. Just be yourself."