~Chapter 54~

~Jungkook pov~

Time stops as I stand in the middle of the café with my body feeling cold from the shock traveling through me. The hot drink spilled on me doesn't even make me flinch even as it soaks through my grey coat jacket making my skin burn where it spilled on my hands aswell but I can't seem to care about the aching burn of the hot coffee.

My ears can't seem to hear anything either even if I know the middle-aged woman I accidently bumped into is going through a rant about how I should watch where I'm going as I only zone in on the strikingly familiar face who is now staring right back at me and I can't help the way my heart beats uncontrollaby against my chest threatening to burst free.

Eun-hye...

My mind is still a mess from everything and I can't help the bubble of anxiety form in my stomache. I didn't expect to find her hear when I left the café to stumble apon a cat café not far from where I was and to see the same face that my mind can't seem to let go off especially not for the last few days.

My feet can't seem to move at all even if I can see the clear recognision in her eyes almost like we are trapped by our gazes not wanting to move. For me I don't want to blink at all, I don't want to blink and see her dissapear in front of my eyes again just like my dreams the moment I wake up.

I can't help the way my eyes flicker between her face and to the spot where I believe her soulmark would be. The surge or happiness that courses through me at the thought of her actually having it is quickly pushed down by the more realistic part of my brain as I take in deep breaths realising how long I must be staring right at her beautiful face.

The smallest quirk of my lips make me fist my hands at the flutter of my heart even if fear and sadness or still thrumming loudly under my skin I just can't help but feel happy seeing her again even if I agree with all the reasons to stay away from her.

Does this count as not looking for her? Does it count if a coincidencal meeting brought us face to face again? Do I....do I need to leave?

Reality hits hard as the smallest form of my smile drops and I can identify that there is absolute no happiness in her eyes or even any positive emotion. It feels like hours had passed even though I can now hear the woman huffing as she yells out her last words and it feels like a bubble popping in my head letting all my senses through again.

My eyes finally leave Eun-hye as I realise she isn't alone and the deep hole that forms in my stomache makes everything in my body drop instantly at the sight of two men sitting in front of her now facing my way probably from wondering where she was looking.

I can't help the way my heart twists horribly at the theories shooting through my mind in a matter of seconds seeing the handsome men in front of her cleary people she got close with.

Are they her friends? Someone close? Possible love interests-

No no I can't-

I suck in a sharp breath as I mentally slap myself with the jealousy built up in my heart. I have no right to feel this way, no right to find out who those two men with her are and no right to look right at her without feeling guilt for the chaos me and my soulmates caused.

Everything crashes in my mind as I turn away from them looking at the woman in front of me blinking away the tears that have already formed in my eyes and I bow low in apology seeing that someone working in the café has already approached while I was lost in my mind.