Ch. 1

It was the early 1940s of India. India was still under the British rule, protests of freedom fight around the country still going on.

On the other hand, in the quiet Village of Kishanganj, Bihar, The zamindar system, like an unyielding vice, gripped the lives of the prajas, subjecting them to the merciless whims of the man in power.

The ruthless zamindar ruled with an iron fist, extracting tax with a cruelty that echoed through the fields. For those who dared to defy him, unimaginable punishments awaited, especially for the vulnerable girls of the village, who faced the horrors of being torn from their homes, their fates hanging in the balance between degradation and the sinister dealings with the British overlords.

In this unforgiving landscape, the struggle for survival intertwined with the quest for freedom, poor families facing thousands of difficulties to pay the tax to zamindar.

In one of those poorest families lived a young , cheerful boy, Ishan Kishan.

He was a charming boy, almost everyone in the village loved him. Ishan's family has four people, him, his dearest sister, mother and father.

"Bhaiya! Lakshman ne meri guriya tod di!"
A girl cried out.

"Kaun be!" A 22 year old boy with messy hair, big eyes and average height came out of the door, running to the accused boy.

He picked up the nearest stick from the ground and rushed to hit the boy .
"Mere behen ko rulayga? Pichwada tor dunga tera!"

"Maf kar do bhaiya!" The boy ran away from that place in a blank of an eye.

"Ro maat rohi! Bhaiya hai na, abhi isko thik karke deta hu tujhe"

Ishan said, wiping the teenage girl's tears away.

Ishan loved his sister Rohini more than himself. He couldn't see tears in her eyes. If Ishan could, he would bring the moon for her.

Rohini smiled "Abbhi Karo thik phir"

"Kya kya karna parta hai tere liye" Ishan smiled, moving to pick up the broken toy....

But he stopped.

Sound of boots?

"Koi a Raha hai bhaiya?"

"MERE BEHEN KO CHORO,
CHORDO USSE!"
Ishan screamed out of his lungs , struggling to get out of the tight grip of Zamindar's guards.

"Isko le chalo" The other men held the girl's hand, pulled her away with them.

"Bhaiya! Bhaiya bachao bhaiya" the girl cried for her life.

The guards hit Ishan on his head, which made him lay unconscious on the ground.

Beside the doll, which was left broken.

But another boy , noticed them, hiding behind the bush.
He followed them, trying to hide himself as much as he can.
But Rohini didn't fail to notice him , her eyes were longing, begging to be saved from the hellhole.

"BECH DIYA USE? AUR KITNE NECHE GIRENGE AP PAPA? DIN RAAT SHARAB , AUR AB? AB APNE HI BETI KO KAUTHI TAK BECH AYE?"

Ishan screamed, eyes red as blood.

"To kya kare? Ek to tum jaise aulad ko bis saal se pal rahe hai, kya ukhadha hai tumne? Paise barbaad hi to kar rahe ho, ab ladke ho isiliye usko hi bechna pada! Tum dono ko eksath aur nahi pal sakte hum. Ab thoda sa ehsaan karo humpe aur chup raho"
His father said, with a disturbing look.

"MUJHE BECH DETE , MAI CHALA JATA, PAR USE? BACCHI HAI WO, 

MAA TUJHE PATA THA?"

"Ha, wase vi uski shaadi ki umar hai, abhi humre pas utna Paisa kaha ki hum wo kare, phir do char log kya bolte, tumse to na kuch ho pata"
Mother said, continuing to do their work.

The whole world crashed down to Ishan. All the familiar faces suddenly felt like strangers to him, as if he is dreaming. The hint of happiness he found for himself amidst of extreme poverty, vanished in seconds.

He felt oddly alone.

Ishan ran to his room, took out a small clay pot where he saved the few coins of his earnings. He took his only stole and stormed out of that house.

In his head, he decided to never look back at the house anymore.

"Ishan Bhai"
Someone interrupted Ishan on his way, the boy stopped looking at his back.

"Mujhe pata hai Rohini kaha pe hai"

Ishan's eyes widen.
"KAHA PE HAI WO? BATA JALDI, KAISI HAI WO?"
Ishan asked, desperately, as tears starts to roll down his cheeks again.

"Maine chup chup ke dekha use, par... Usko churana mushkil hai waha se, Maine bohot koshis ki, par wo log nahi hil rahe the waha se..... Ishan bhaiya uski ... Uski ankhe mujhse nahi dekha ja raha!"
The boy broke down

"Wo rakhshash, usko nahi chodega, Aaj raat se pehle use ... use chudana hi hai, Jaan vi de dunga mai, pyaar karte hai usse Ishan bhaiya, aise kaise narak me chod de use"

Ishan was shocked to know that, If it was some other time, Ishan would beat the guy up like any protective brother.

But now....

Ishan holds his hand,

"Mujhe pata tha Aisa din ayega, humare pas bilkul paise nahi the , par itni jaldi... Socha nahi tha. Tu, tu idhar ruk sham tak, Mai wapas aunga phir kuch kaam hai Terese. Agar tu Rohini se pyaar karta hai , to hi  idhar rukna."
Ishan said, then hurriedly ran to Zamindars house.

----------------------------------------------------

That's the first chap!
Hope you liked it 💙🦋✨

Please vote and comment, they keep me motivated 💙