Ch. 3

Britishers are portrayed as supporters of same sex relationships here, even though most of them were way too homophobic for that. Just to fit the plot in I had to do that.

"And to ruin his life forever, I will marry him"

A shiver ran through Ishan's spine, his heart sank even further. He knew he had no choice but to agree.

"I will do it, sir. I will marry you" Ishan answered, unexpectedly quick.

"But um son isn't it odd" Mr. Gill, the zamindar said.

"It's not odd for Britishers , it's legal baba" shubman said, knowing his father would agree with anything that Britishers support.

"Then it's more than fine! Kaal hi shaadi ki tayyari Kiya jai"

Zamindar said looking at his son. He wanted to fit in western culture too much that he saw this as an opportunity. The concept is odd in village but he is willing to do anything that Britishers like. He knows no one in the village would even dare to question him.

Shubman smirked.

He quickly picked up the crying boy from ground by holding his hand , dragging him inside the mansion. They reached Shubman room. They went in before Shubman closed the door.

"Looks like I got a new husband here" Shubman said, smiling at Ishan.

Ishan was looking down, his knees were shaking, tears still rolling down his cheeks.

"Y-yes sir, use me all you want just let my sister go" Ishan said, helplessly.

"Hey hey , look at me" Shubman said, gently.

Ishan, looked up at him, surprised at the soft tone of the boy.

"I won't hurt you, I am sorry. That was just an act" Shubman smiled again.

Ishan blinked at shubman, confused.

"What's your name?"

"I-ishan, Ishan kishan" Ishan replied, still being clueless.

"Ishan, I won't hurt you at all. I know what my father does to... all the people who can't pay tax. I can't see that, I can never support that. I hate my father for this. But unfortunately, I don't have enough power yet to stop this whole thing. But... When I saw you, I thought maybe I can try to save at least someone's life. I didn't expect baba to agree, but he got bribed. Ishan if you don't want to, you can run away. But I can assure you my father is going to catch you again. But if you are married to me, he would have less chances to do anything to you. Also he trusts me , he won't worry about you much."

Shubman hesitantly took Ishan's hand.

"Ishan, I have witnessed many people's lives being ruined by my father. Believe me, I used to run back to my room and cry silently whenever I used to be home. Now, I got this chance to save atleast someone's life... I don't want to let go of this. You can tell me all about your wishes, I will try my best"

Ishan was speechless. He stared at the tall boy as if deer caught his eyes.
He was too shocked to reply, he really expected Shubman to be just like his father, ruthless and cruel. But he turned out to be  just the opposite.

"A-are you sure I-"

"I am being honest Ishan, you can trust me"
Shubman smiles flashing his dimples.

Ishan somehow felt the rediating warmth.

"T-thank you so much sir, I would forever be grateful to you" Ishan said, small smile creeping on his face.

"Hey hey, cut down the formalities, we are almost in the same age I think, just call me Shubman"
Shubman said, smiling.

Ishan didn't know how can someone's smile feel like a warm hug.

Maybe, he could trust him.

Even though Ishan was finding it hard not to believe it's a dream, he took the chance.

"Shubman, can you fulfill a wish of mine, now?"
Ishan pleaded.

"Bhaiya, hum kaha ja rahe hai?"

"Thoda sa sabar kar behna" Ishan said, rushing through the bushes in dusky evening, pulling his sister with him.

Shubman was guiding them, with a flashlight in his hand.

When Rohini got free, Ishan and Shubman were too quick to take her out through one of the backdoor of mansion.

Finally, Ishan saw a guy waiting, under the Banyan tree.

Ishan smiled.

"Vivaan" Ishan called the boy, who was quiet surprised to see Ishan and his sister.

He took vivaan's hand and placed his sister's hand on him.

"Khayal rakhna mere behenka, kahi door lekar Jana ise, yahase bohot door, bas... Khush rakhna ise. Bhai hoke, itna hi ehsaan mangte he tujhse." Ishan said, trying hard to not cry.

He cupped his sister's cheek, kissing his forehead gently.
"Ja baccha" Isha said.

When Ishaan saw the desperation and pain in vivaan's eyes while coming to the mansion to save his sister , Ishan knew he could trust him.
Also he can't let his sister go back Home, so he has no other choice.

Before leaving he took out a thin metal bracelet he was wearing, his grandmother gave him that. He put it on his sister's wrist.
"Ye rakh, jabbi bhaiya ki yaad aye, yaad rakhna main tere saath hi hu, wada karta hu Milne ayunga"
Ishan said , reassuring his crying sister.

He just prayed to lord Krishna, to keep his sister safe.

"Thank you, again"
Ishan said , looking back at Shubman who was behind him , guiding with the flashlight.

"It's my pleasure Ishan, I am glad you can trust me."
Ishan could feel the dimple smile in the dusk.

Once again the warmth spread through his chest.

One guestroom was arranged for Ishan, only few rooms away from Shubman's own room.
Not to mention, Ishan was scared.

Shubman guided him to the room.
"If anything happens, please knock on my door, please don't hesitate Ishan. Good night"

Shubman smiled before leaving.

Ishan looked around the room. It wasn't as gorgeous as Shubman's, but it wasn't very simple too. He observed few antique pieces here and there, sophisticated paintings on the wall, white sheets neatly spread on the bed, and many more things Ishan couldn't name.

Ishan never saw any of that from this close.

He sat on the bed, thinking how his life changed in span of few hours.
He never expected this, in his entire  life.

He doesn't know what's waiting for him in the near future, he doesn't know if he is doing everything right or not.

But

He knows his sister is happy, and... He can probably trust, Shubman.

Ishan hugged his knees, keeping his chin on it.
When he realised.

He currently had no home.

Sudden emptiness filled his heart, he lost everything.

Ishan took a deep breath and thought again,

He was ready for anything to come, he got nothing to loose anyway.

He was too tired to cry , so he closed his eyes trying to drift off to sleep.

_____________________________________

Hey beautiful reader! 💜
Sorry for the late update as my exams were going on.

I will try to be a bit more regular from now on <33

I don't know if the plot is going well though..

But hope you liked it<3