Ch. 6

Ishan tried to keep up with the taller boy, more precisely his recent husband who was walking quite fast through the platform. Ishan gulped, it was quite crowded, Ishan never saw a place like this before. He did see trains and train tracks just by the huge field at the outskirts of their village and he always wondered where the running train stops.

Now he found its destination.

Still trying to keep up with Shubman, Ishan's eyes couldn't help but explore every new things around the place.
Ishan looked around, some old and young men carrying heavy luggages, some vendors selling tea, and some English curvings here and there on the walls, fancy benches and people reading newspapers sitting on them and-

Wait.

Ishan suddenly stopped and looked around him, Shubman was nowhere. He was standing alone in the crowd. Ishan's eyes widened, people pushed by him , he stood there alone.

Ishan started panting trying to look for the certain pink shirt in the crowd.

"S-shubman" Ishan looked around , tears of fear threatening to come out of his eyes. He kept looking around.

Oh no he messed up again.

"Ishaan! I thought I lost you! " Shubman came running, he held Ishan's shoulder taking frequent breaths.

Seeing the panting Shubman, a wave of relief washed over him.
"Now please follow me well , don't look around much okay?" Shubman said, tone soft as always.

"S-sorry, I made you worry.." Ishan stuttered out.

Shubman smiled, "It's fine Ishan, it's your first time, be aware this time, okay?"

Shubman was always too gentle with him, that was something very new for Ishan. Ishan is sometimes very surprised as he never experienced such treatment.

Ishan again felt warmth spreading in his chest, he stretched out his hand to hold the hem of shubman's loosely hanging pink shirt , as both of shubman's hands were already occupied with bags.

With a slight smile on his face, Shubman walked towards to the rickshaw, ishan slowly following the boy holding his shirt.

"Bas bas yaha" Shubman gestured the rickshaw to stop right beside a house. The house was not too small also not too big, surrounded by various flowering plants. It looked like a warm and cozy "home".

Ishan got down , noticing all around , the bright coloured flowers catching his attention , it made his eyes shine. He touched the soft flowers, sudden comfort spread through his heart, he could feel the nature after 3 long days of being caged in a mansion, which drained him mentally and physically.

"Ishan, chale?" Shubman said, making ishan look at him and nod with a small smile.
They entered the house, even though it wasn't as fancy as the mansion, it was still elegant.

They went to Shubman's room, he put the luggages down.
"This is the house I mostly live in, but only this room has proper bed equipments, you have to sleep here today. I promise I will try finding things for the other room tommorow"

"N-no it's fine, I can stay here" Ishan said , nervously.

"No it's okay Ishan , you don't have to be uncomfortable like that" shubman ensured.

"No um I f-feel scared alone" ishan said, looking down.

"Oh, sorry ishan, then you can always sleep here. I just don't want you to be uncomfortable that's it" realising the previous incident, Shubman tried to tell ishan.

"Okay um, you can choose any cloth of mine from the cupboard, I will buy you new clothes soon" Shubman said opening the cupboard.

Ishan hesitantly reached the clothes, a white laced shirt catching his eye, shubman noticed that.
"You like that? Wait" shubman took the shirt out, holding it on Ishan's body.
"Suits you so well , I will make sure to buy you plenty of this, but for now you can choose a bit comfortable fabric. We are staying at home this present day."

Shubman said, taking out a white cotton shirt and pants.

"I will be doing some work outside, you change" said shubman, before going out of the room.

Ishan put on the clothes, the clothes smelled like Shubman, he doesn't know why a faint blush adored his cheeks as he started to fix the buttons.

He went outside the room to look around the house, his eyes fell on a piano right in the corner of living space.

"Hey Ishan, I gave a telephone to the nearest University, I was talking about your admission." Said Shubman coming towards him, "since you didn't complete school, they are going to take a test of you , if you pass they will accept you. What do you wish to study?" Shubman said again, picking a book from his bookshelf, going near the shorter boy.

"Really!" Ishan's eyes lit up.
"Thank you thank you thank you! I have always wanted this! " Ishan said almost jumping a little in happiness "You are so nice Shubi!" Ishan said with a wide smile in his face.

Shubman probably saw this happy for the first time. After all the storms he went through, the happiness adored features so well. And now Shubman decided , he would never let that happiness wipe off him.

However Ishan now slightly blushed, looking down upon realising the nickname that slipped out of his tongue.

Stupid Ishan!

Shubman chuckled, "You still didn't tell me what you want to study, Ishu"

Ishan looked up , not expecting the nickname coming to him.

They both gave a knowing smile, allowing each other to call by the adorable abbreviates.

"What is that?" Ishan pointed at the piano.

"Thats a piano, used to create music. I bought it once but never got the time to learn it" shubman said.

"Can I learn?" Ishan said looking back at Shubman.

"You want to learn music? Sure" shubman said, later handing him the book he was holding, "This is a English literature book, since you can already speak English, I assume you will pass the test in this subject easily. Also it's very interesting, I know you will like it"

Ishan took the book, turning around the book to observe it well. " I have always wanted an English book to myself!" He said, with a wide smile again.

"Well in that case, you can have my whole bookshelf "

"Really! Thank you shubi" Ishan said, excitedly, hugging the boy.

Shubman, who was quiet stunned in the action, hugged back giggling boy with a smile.

Feeling the arms around him, Ishan realised he overreacted again.

Stupid Ishan!

He thought again.

But, at the same time the arms of Shubman made him feel oddly safe, the warmth gave him so much comfort. The comfort he craved after all the storms he went through. This once Ishan let go of his embarrassment, this once Ishan wanted to be selfish and stay in the warm embrace for a little longer. He closed his eyes as a tear slipped out of his eye, "Thank you, Shubi" he mumbled again.