Ch. 17

Ishan sat on their small dinning table, reading his book while sipping onto his cup of tea. Shubman was sitting right across the table, sipping onto his evening tea as well, an awkward silence indulged in.

Well, Ishan wanted to avoid the whole situation by being drown into a book, he recently discovered books are a good way to escape reality.

He knew somewhere, Shubman is trying to hide something.... But he doesn't want to think about it, yet.

He is kind of scared to think of any possibilities , so he avoids.

Shubman clears his throat, trying to break the silence.
Ishan, however, stays still ignoring that.

Well, Ishan does love reading books but it's been 30 minutes, too long for him to stay silent.

"Is he upset? Still upset about me not picking him up?"

Shubman thought.
Well even if he wants to start keeping a little distance, he just can't see Ishan being gloomy.

"U-um sorry again for today, I really got caught up in some work, I promise I will pick you up tommorow" Shubman said.

Ishan looked up from his book, placing the tea cup down on the table.
"It's alright, Shubman"

Shit.

Oh no.
he said his full name.

something is definitely up.

"Or is it the... Morning thing?"

Shubman thought.

"Um.. Ishan wanna go out?" Shubman proposed when Ishan was about to leave.

"Not in mood today" ishan replied nonchalantly.

"Ishan? Do you trust me ?" Shubman asked.

Ishan stopped, knitting his eyebrows.
he took a minute before nodding.

"Then go with me?" Shubman stretched his hand.

Ishan looked up at Shubman's smiling face, then back at his hand.
"Okay..." He placed his hand gently on his.

"A book fair?" Ishan's eyes lit up looking at the entrance.

"Yes, it started yesterday. I knew you would love to come here"

Ishan couldn't help but smile as they entered the fair, looking around to see so many books, Ishan almost squealed.

How does he always find a way to cheer him up? He can't even stay angry at him!

Ishan frowned.

Well nevermind, he can forget it for now.

Ishan looked through the stalls, with stacks of books placed neatly. He traced his fingers through the one that caught his attention the most, he turned them around to check the price. Oh well, he placed them back at their place.

"Do you want to buy that book? Wait let me-"

"No shubi it's okay! I have enough books"

"Shh, let me get that one"

"But that's expensive..." Ishan pouted after shubman forcefully shoved the book in his hold.

"Take it as you've earned it, for doing well in college" shubman smiled, patting his head.

Ishan smiled up, "thank you shubi!"

Ishan flipped through the pages as they walked , that's when heard a bell.

The pink coloured cotton candies made his inner child jump in excitement.

Ishan bit his lips , tugging onto shubman's sleeves which made the young men look at him. Ishan pointed at the selling cotton candies, "One for reward please?"
Shubman chuckled, "Sure, you little baby"