Chapter 5.

Amari K

Amari K. Sanders

First person pov:

Today had been one of the worst days of my life. I'm in my room crying, when I hear my door open. I looked up at Imani who has a sad look on her face.

"Hey superstar how are you doing" she says.

"I'm fine"

"You don't look fine. Wanna talk about it?"

Flashback to practice earlier that day

"Use y'all fucking brains! They are there for a reason. Fucking idiots."

I was shocked. This has happened many times before. Coach will get mad on how we've played then she'll scream at us. At the top of her lungs. The better the player you are the louder she'll yell and the meaner her words will be.

"I hope y'all aren't gonna play on the court like that. Are y'all trying to embarrass me? What would y'all parents think if they saw how y'all just played!"

"Coach it's just a practice. You know we're a good team" said Coco trying to calm her down.

"I don't wanna hear shit from you! I don't care if it's just a practice! And Amari what the fuck was that!? I've never seen somebody suck at something more."

I was practicing my three point shots. I know I'm not the best at them, that's literally why I was practicing them.

"If y'all play like that y'all aren't gonna make it anywhere in basketball. You'll be nothing."

Nothing.

Present time

Imani was hugging me. Felt like she was gonna squeeze the life out of me.

"She basically just said I couldn't accomplish the one thing I've worked so hard for."

"I know hunny. But just so you know you are a great player and you will do big things. She's an awful person. I'm tired of her yelling at y'all like that."

I'm tired of it too. Every time she yells I think of my mother yelling at me because of the littlest thing. My childhood. I can't continue to brush off her words. It affects how I play and it just brings my self esteem down.

"Imani"

"Hm?"

"I think we should transfer."

                            Court queens 😜

                                 Me and Imani are transferring
Coco🥥 me 2
Emma I'm thinking abt it
Nola Bola I hate that she yells all the time
JJ bro fr she's agg
Ava🤠 where y'all going?
Imani🙄🤞🏽 UConn
Coco🥥 figured cs yk who it's there 😏
                                           Coco shut ya bitch ass up.

Women's college basketball news had posted on insta!

Liked by officially.amari and 292,384 others
Women's college basketball News that Amari K. Sanders is transferring to UConn under unknown circumstances. What do y'all think?

234,456 comments