Chapter 28.

Amari K

Amari K. Sanders

First person pov:

After our fun little date, Paige brought me back to her apartment. I love her and Azzi's apartment. It's so nice. I think it's better than mine actually. She brings me to her room and immediately goes to her little photo wall. She grabs a thumb tack and hangs up the pictures we took in the Photo Booth on the wall. Aww sha.

"When you go home you better hang up yours" she says as she turns around.

"I willll" I say.

She crawls onto the bed and into of me. Her blankets is separating our bodies. I grab her face and we make eye contact. Usually people with blue eyes scare me, but hers are so soft. I don't know how to explain it. It's just something about her in general. She picks herself up and gets under the covers with me. She wraps her arms around me and I wrap mine around her. I look at her admirably. She smiles and turns her face away.

"What?" I say laughing.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what??"

"Ion know"

"You make no sense"

"Yeahhhh"

She turns back towards me and pulls out her phone. Oop I guess I can pull out mine then. I been waiting. I turn over and check my insta.

It's starting to get late and I think I'm sleeping over soo.

"Paige?"

"Yeah?"

"Am I sleeping over?"

"Yeah if you want"

"I do"

"Okay well"

"I need to take a shower"

"Without me?" She says

I look at her stupid. I'm going home now. You'll never hear from me again. Absolutely not. I know, I just know you didn't just say that corny ass shit at your big ass age. I'm taking your tablet that enough YouTube shorts for you bae.

Suddenly she burst out laughing.

"I can't I can't" she says wheezing.

Okay it's was never that funny. And I'm not laughing so.

"I wanted to see what your reaction would be and that's all I needed. Youn even have to say anything." She said swatting the air with her hand still laughing.

"Paige never say that shit to me again. Or to any bitch matter fact"

"Well there are no other bitches"

"Oh so I'm a bitch?"

GOTCHA YAAA😘

"No that's not what I meant- stop playing with me your not funny"

"No YOU'RE not funny"

"I'm very funny"

"Said no one ever"

"See that's your problem. You just a hater"

"How I'm a hater?"

"Cause you just are"

"No I'm not"

"You know what? You got it" she says standing up to get her clothes.

You got it?? I know I got it. Tf? I was just playing bae. Being mean is how I flirt. Please tell me you ain't take that literally.

I didn't say anything as she walked into the shower and closed the door. Damn now I'm about to cry. Over nothing. I'm finna start overthinking. Bae I miss you. Hurry yo ass up out that shower.

She eventually gets out with her hair all wet and curly. She hands me clothes, a towel, and a washcloth. She still doesn't say anything.

I say a small "thank you" and she hums back. BAE I don't even do nothing. Pleaseee

I walk into the bathroom and see my toothbrush I left here last time. I smile at the thought that she kept it. I take my warm shower and dress myself. I open the door slowly. Paige doesn't look at me. Okay now you are being dramatic.

"Paige?" I say as I slowly crawl onto the bed over to her.

"Yes?" She says.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I feel like your mad at me"

"No I'm not"

"Oh" was all I could really say. I kinda just sat there fidgeting with my hands.

"Aww baby come here" she cooed.

She sat up hugging me. I don't hug her back . I just rest my head on her shoulder. Tears start to prickle my eyes. I start crying.

Why am I crying?
..self sabotage..
Nothings wrong, right? Maybe it's the feeling of someone you love being mad at you or the feeling of being neglected. Maybe it's the pressure of being perfect and happy all the time.
..self sabotage..
Or maybe it's the pressures from my mom.
What the fuck am I thinking?
Or maybe it's the feeling after you just found out you've been love bombed. I'm not being love bombed by Paige right? I've been love bombed before..but she would never. We are in too deep, or maybe I'm just in too deep.
..self sabotage..
Or maybe I'm just doing too much and I don't know what I'm talking about. I really don't know. I don't know much actually. I'm still learning,  I don't know how to get things just right. I need to be perfect.
...self sabotage..
Something is always going to make me cry. We just stayed like that she rocked me back and forth. Eventually she asked me "what's wrong?" I told her I didn't know. She said "and that's okay". We laid down and cuddled. This is what I really needed. To just be comforted for whatever's going on that I've never fully healed from.

Amari was gonna be alright as long as she had Paige Madison Bueckers.

(Can y'all tell I'm going through something right now🤗)