Chapter 13.

Amari K

Amari K. Sanders

First person pov:

"What are the plans for tonight?" Asks Paige.

"Coach said to just settle in and get the things we need like food. And we can explore tomorrow."
Says Azzi grabbing the remote.

"We definitely to get snacks." Says Kk.

"I'm gonna go get some in like thirty minutes text me what y'all want." Says Paige

"Can I come" I ask looking up from my phone.

"Yeah" says Paige turning around to look at me.

I get up and grab my makeup bag. Then I walk towards the bathroom. Kk wasn't lying it is nice in here. I use the bathroom then touch up on my makeup and fix my hair. I walk out to see Paige by the door putting her shoes on.

"You ready?"

"Yeah lemme get my shoes."

I grab my shoes and put them on. We walk to Imani and Jaylee, the other manger's room. Paige's knocks on the door.

"Yes?" Says Jaylee opening the door.

"Keys?" Says Paige.

Jaylee disappears and comes back with keys.

"Please make sure she brings it back in one piece." Jaylee laughs looking at me.

"I can't make any promises."

Paige makes a shocked face.

"What? I'm a great driver."

"Mh hm that's what they all say" says Jaylee.

"Uh Bye" says Paige.

"Bye tf" Jaylee says shutting the door.

We walk to the rental car and get in.

"Aux?" Asks Paige handing the cord to me.

"Of course"

I plug my phone in playing "Raw" by Young thug.

We pull up to the nearest Walmart. I go to open the door, but Paige stops me.

"What?" I ask confused.

She runs out the car to the other side and opens my door for me.

"You didn't have to do that." I say laughing.

"I know but I wanted to."

She grabs a cart and I hop into it.

"Damn the list they sent me are hella long."

"Well then you better get to pushing."

...

I had to get out the cart because if I didn't I would be hidden under a pile of food. We are checking out and I offer to split it with Paige but she's refuses. Like I tried and tried but every time she said no. I even tried to sneak my card to the cashier but Paige slapped my hand away. The sun is starting to go down and there is a slight breeze. We put all the bags in the trunk. We get into the car and the songs "House of Ballon's" by the Weekend is blasting. Paige starts driving fast one hand on the wheel and the other resting on the compartment. Damn that's hot. She reaches up and clicks a button and then sunroof opens. Paige then turns up the music. I let my intrusive thoughts get to me. I unbuckle my seat belt and start getting up.

Paige glances at me. "What are you doing?"

I ignore her and stand up through the sunroof. It was amazing. My hair was blowing through the wind and the city looked stunning as the sunset. I  throw my head backwards and throw my hands behind me.

"But you belong to me
Ooh, you belong to me
If it hurts to breathe, open a window (woo-ooh)
Oh, your mind wants to leave (leave), but you can't go"

It was the perfect moment. I start to lean backwards and feel Paige grab my waist stabilizing me. After I couple minutes, I sit back down.

"What was that all about?" Paige asks closing the sunroof and turning down the music.

"I don't really know, I just felt like doing it."

"You could have gotten hurt you know"

"But I didn't" I say smirking.

"You crazy mama" she says laughing.

We get back to the hotel and make Azzi and Kk come down to help us bring all the bags up to the room.

"Uh uh I don't know why y'all called us down here." Says Azzi complaining.

"To help duh" says Paige sassily.

...

We get back to the room and unpack all the groceries. Me and Paige sit at the table eating sunflower seeds. I scroll on my phone and decide I wanna lay down. I walk to the beds to see Azzi passed out and Kk laying next to her on her phone. Paige walks up behind me.

"I guess we are sleeping together." I say.

"Damn you could have at least asked for my consent. But okay." Paige says smirking.

I turn and give her "stop acting stupid" look.

She chuckles "I'm just kidding ma, calm down."

I lay down getting under the covers and feel the bed dip. Paige gets all close to me and gets on her phone. I was gonna put a pillow between us, but okay girl. I put my phone down and turn over. I feel Paige shift and wrap her one of her arms around me. She's a fool for physical touch. I drift off to sleep, while she plays with my hair.