ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ- ꜰᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀs

༺☙༻'Welcome to the panic roomwhere all your darkest fears are gonna come for you'⁻ᵃᵘ/ʳᵃ; ᵖᵃⁿⁱᶜ ʳᵒᵒᵐ

༺☙༻
'Welcome to the panic room
where all your darkest fears
are gonna come for you'
ᵃᵘ/ʳᵃ; ᵖᵃⁿᶜ ʳᵒᵒᵐ

༺☙༻'Welcome to the panic roomwhere all your darkest fears are gonna come for you'⁻ᵃᵘ/ʳᵃ; ᵖᵃⁿⁱᶜ ʳᵒᵒᵐ

WHEN MORNING arrived, Rivers tired eyes remained on the crevice she was staring at. She couldn't remember when she had zoned out but it had been for awhile now, the dawn of day breaking her free of it.

The second her stomach rumbled, she knew she needed to eat and find some water. From here on out, there was no more sitting down all day doing nothing.

Her limbs cracked and popped when she moved after being sat in the same position for an entire night.

She pulled herself out, pulling the straps of the blue backpack over her shoulders, her trident resting in her hands.

Scanning her surroundings, there had been no sign of a human other than her from what she could tell.

Her feet began carrying her through the thicket of bushes, trying to be as silent as she could, not knowing where anybody was. For all she knew, someone could be lurking behind a tree.

She kept her eyes out for any small animals, her stomach growing hungrier by the second. The lake seemed tempting but she knew most of the tributes were probably down there.

Or, maybe they also thought that so no one even dared take the risk of using that source. She let the option hang around and instead finding something to hold her over.

A berry bush was sitting untouched and looking mouth watering. River gave them a thorough inspection, making sure they weren't poisonous before tossing handfuls into her mouth.

    As the tart flavor burst onto her tongue, she realized they could be helpful for later. Carefully pulling the plastic wrap from her bag, she plucked a couple dozen berries, securing them tightly in the plastic.

     Next stop was water. She stood up, carefully listening for at least a trickle of the liquid.

   Unfortunately, she heard nothing but the normal sound of birds and bugs drilling through her ears. Speaking of which, she raised her hand, finding the top of her ear was now scabbed over.