ʙᴏɴᴜs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ- ᴍᴀɢɢɪᴇ's ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇ

༺☙༻

༺☙༻

             A SOFT knock came from the door followed by a small, "mom?" River lifted her head from her book, sitting up

             A SOFT knock came from the door followed by a small, "mom?" River lifted her head from her book, sitting up. "Come in."

   Maggie walked in but she seemed anything but herself. Her face was red with tear stains, her eyes tired and glossy with red around the edges, and she kept sniffing.

   River's face filled with worry, quickly moving to her daughter and bringing her into an embrace.

  That's when the girl broke. She started crying into her mother's chest, hands shaking as they clutched River's shirt.

   River felt her heart ache at her daughter's actions. Maggie wasn't one to cry for no reason, only when something really hurt her.

   She lightly smoothed her hand over Maggie's back, placing a small kiss to her golden hair.

    After a few minutes of letting the girl let out her emotions, the two sat at the end of the bed.

   River ran her hand over Maggie's disheveled hair. "Want to tell me happened?" She asked in a soft voice, wanting her to be comfortable with telling her anything.

   Maggie looked at the floor. "Please don't be mad." River immediately shook her head, almost disappointed in herself that her own daughter would be afraid she'd get mad.

   "I will never get mad over you having feelings, sunshine." The golden haired girl looked back up and River could tell she was holding back more tears.

    She sighed before beginning. "He told me he loved me. Jasper said he loved me." River didn't have a reaction though inside she was very confused but let her continue.

   "So," she breathed out shakily. "I said it back and... well, one thing led to another and um... we did it." River's heart just about lurched out of her chest.

   Like any protective mother, the words were startling to hear. But she wasn't going to freak out. There was no need to.

   River remembered being her age and though she didn't have the life Maggie did as a normal teenager, she had her moments.