ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ- ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ

༺☙༻'Cause when you knowyou know'⁻ˡᵃⁿᵃ ᵈᵉˡ ʳᵃʸ; ᵐᵃʳᵃᵍʳᵉᵗ

༺☙༻
'Cause when you know
you know'
ˡᵃⁿᵃ ᵈᵉˡ ʳᵃʸ; ᵐᵃʳᵃᵍʳᵉᵗ

             RIVER WAS still adjusting to the Careers after two days

RIVER WAS still adjusting to the Careers after two days. Thankfully, Clove and Marvel were treating her slightly better and that alone was a win for her.

    Clove watched as River sparred with Marvel, both of them in some sort of tie. She sharpened her knives, feeling an urge to talk with the girl.

    She was never fond of Glimmer but after her death, she missed the company of another girl. After seeing how much Cato cared for River, she finally decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to her.

    When the two stopped for a break, Clove stood and walked to her. "Hey." River, with confusion, replied, "hi."

    "You really like him, don't you?" Clove pointed at Cato who was spinning around his sword, River looking towards him.

    The question was out of the blue but River accepted it. She wasn't going to be rude to Clove for no reason. Clove was there before her and knew Cato way before she did.

     Why would she? Clove was a 5,2 girl who could take down anyone no matter their size. River feared her but also respected her and it seemed they both silently agreed.

    "I do. I'm not going to say some stupid movie quote but I really do like him." Clove only nodded. That's all she needed to know.

      Clove cared for Cato. She wasn't going to lie and say she didn't have a small crush on him but she could tell River was what he needed.

     She brought out what he believed he couldn't. He was never good at showing feelings that weren't his love for the Games or his drive to win at everything.

     Clove could see that she was bringing out the emotions he pushed deep down until he forgot about them. Even she knew he needed that.

   "Well, in this short amount of time, hurt him and I will make sure your death is the worst in the history of the Games."