ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ- ᴛʜɪs ʟᴏᴠᴇ

༺☙༻'In silent screamsIn wildest dreamsI never dreamed of this'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵗʰⁱˢ ˡᵒᵛᵉ

༺☙༻
'In silent screams
In wildest dreams
I never dreamed of this'
⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵗʰⁱˢ ˡᵒᵛᵉ

             RIVER SAT on the sand, Cato next her, leaning on his elbow as they enjoyed the day filled with warmth instead of the usual rainy, cold and cloudy weather

     River laid her head on the side of his chest, resting her hands on her stomach as she breathed in the invigorating salt air that she once thought she'd never breathe again.

Cato softly brushed her arm in a soothing touch, making River close her eyes at the action.

"Would you ever want to go back to Two?" She randomly asked, straining her eyes to look at him. He looked down at her eyes, the soft brown with flecks of green meeting his.

"I mean, maybe at some point." He answered, looking back at the ocean. River looked at her hands again, wondering why he'd ever want to go back.

Sure he had his family and that was everything but what they were sharing, she thought he'd never want to go back.

Maybe that was her being hypocritical considering if she had lived in Two she'd want to return home at some point as well.

"To stay?" She asked again, a sudden vulnerability shining through. She didn't know why she cared so much. Maybe it had to with the fact she was loving every second with him and never wanted it to end.

"No." He replied with a small shrug. "Just to see my grandmother one last time before she goes. And hey, you could come with me." Cato looked back down at her, knowing she dreaded it if he ever left her.

Not that he would, that was the last thing on his mind, but District 2 was his home. It was all he had ever known before River and something about never getting to see the majestic mountains again made him want to see them just once more.

     "I'd love to and if we weren't in hiding I'd say let's go right now." She gave a soft smile, Cato intertwining their fingers.

     "If you had to do it all again, would you?" His sudden question made Rivers smile fall.